cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to port my number from public mobile to a new carrier

omarsabri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am trying to port my number from public mobile to a new carrier.

I called the other carrier and they did send the request, however, I didn't receive the SMS on my public sim yet.it is been 2 hours.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@omarsabri 

you can Transferring your old Phone Number to another carrier but you have a activated account with public mobile,

very important to you know,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

and if so your account with public mobile is activated try to do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and reprocessing again your port....to new carrier.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@omarsabri   it will be quicker to call the new carrier and confirm the porting status

However, if you want to check with PM, you can open a ticket with this link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

ref: Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@omarsabri Is your Public Mobile account still active? 

Need Help? Let's chat.