cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not using whole 50 mins neither the data but my phone gets blocked after 20-25 mins of talk...

Arsh99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I  have logged in to public mobile account and checked my usage based on that I can tell that its hardly around 20-22 mins, I have the call time record enabled too on the phone and it suggests the same but the customer service agents refuse to accept that and are imposing that the talk time is 50 mins. does anyone else have the same issue?

35 REPLIES 35

@Arsh99   All mobile providers as well as long distance calling companies count minutes like this.  They use the same rule, the rounding up rule.  So, wherever you go , if you choose plans that have limited minutes, they use the same rule. 

You can only avoid this by going with plans that offered unlimited minutes.  The current $25 plan or above all have unlimited Canada-Wide minutes.

You've been with this $10 plan for at least over 2.5 years and now you decide it's a "proxy company" and want to leave? I'll give you the upset over the substantial percentage rate increase.

Go through all those calls in your usage log both in and out and round them up. Some of the activity won't actually count though so even that could be tricky. It's all calls in and out.

Maybe the rate increase will suck you in to moving up to the $15 plan. Still have to count those outgoing calls though. And say good bye to full speed LTE for any data add-ons you might still have or might get.

Arsh99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes that is what the Agent after some arguments via back and forth messages informed me and still call it a 50 min plan, Instead of paying this proxy company I would pay 10 more dollars and switch to a standard provider.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All "chargeable" calls are rounded up to the next minute. Accessing voicemail from the device counts as well.

The $5 500 minute add-on is a great supplement to this plan. Too bad about the unlawful rate increase.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Minutes are rounded up.   1 minute 1 second counts as two minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.