cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am cutting out on phone calls

Moto2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I talk to someone on a call using my “Motorola one 5G ace”, I can always hear them but they say I am cutting out.  Sometimes it is so bad that they cannot hear me at all, and other times it is just a minor problem for the person I am speaking with.  Before I buy a new phone I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I might be able to do to troubleshoot the problem.  I am guessing my microphone has an issue.  Aside from this issue my phone performs quite well at everything else.  Thanks!!!

9 REPLIES 9

HI @Moto2024 

i wouldn't blame the phone yet.  Can you try two things first?

see if you have a VoLTE toggle in the Connection screen, likely no.  But if you have it, toggle it off and test

if you don't see the VoLTE toggle, then change the network mode to 3G and test the calls for couple days

Also, test your sim card in another phone for couple days if possible.  Whether you test it on your phone or on another phone, test it in different area as well in case it is a local network issue

Moto2024

I have full bars.  The other suggestions have not worked so I am gonna get a new phone, but thanks for helping!

Moto2024

This could be the problem but I am not sure… I am going to get a new phone and hope for the best! Thanks for letting me know about Volte!

Moto2024

WhatsApp does seem to work a lot better. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Moto2024 

This phone is not on PM's list for VoLTE, so that can make a difference in your voice calling.  

Here is some more information and list of VoLTE compatible phones:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Moto2024 

How many bars of signal is showing on your phone?

If it will is 2 or 3 bars and you can try the calls with headphones and if it is fine then it could be the microphone/speakers.

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You could take it to a phone repair shop if there's something wrong with the mic, but I have a feeling it's not the problem. I would try a few things like using your mic in different ways other than phone calls. Also try using speakerphone. And lastly try putting someone else's sim in your phone to see if it happens still. 

ducktail9797
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you try calling them through Whatsapp or something like that to see if it happens across the board? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Moto2024 did you try your sim card on another phone ??

or try on your phone but change network mode to 3G and check if calls are better 

Need Help? Let's chat.