cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want a Refund for the Roaming $20 Add-on That Didn't Work!

Gozer8080
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I finally added the add-on prior to entering the US...however, my internet wouldn't work.  How do I get a refund for a service that didn't work?

28 REPLIES 28

@JULIND 

Are you getting no replies to your private messages from a CSA? Do you see your support tickets in your sent messages?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JULIND wrote:

How many tickets do you have to open for PM to tackle and solve your problem.  I'm technically challenged and this if extremely frustrating

@JULIND 

Have you tried these?

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

JULIND
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How many tickets do you have to open for PM to tackle and solve your problem.  I'm technically challenged and this if extremely frustrating

@Gozer8080 wrote:

Support confirmed the issue was on their side...however, my roaming for the calls and texts did work, so not a full refund.  They offered $7 I asked for $15 we settled on $10 and they threw in the 5Gig. 

@Gozer8080 

Mystery solved!!!

With the $20 Roaming package, you did enjoyed the Roaming Talk and Text (which you didn't confirm in the beginning.. that was what keep wondering) and hence PM offered a $7 refund, which  I found decent.  Afterall, a Text Talk Roaming costs $15.  

On the other hand, I agree you press for more as the inconvenience caused from PM side.   However, I wouldn't say PM is "low ball" as your said.. $7 was a fair deal..but of course, you got a lot more now.. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gozer8080 

I'm late to the party too... but appreciate you sharing everything that happened.  It's definitely a learning experience for me too and glad to hear there was a (somewhat) happy ending.

@JULIND 

We're users like you, helping other users!  I agree with @softech to open a ticket with Public Mobile through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) to reach a CS agent staff member.  Similarly - I'd encourage you to open a new thread dedicated to your issue next time so we're not mixing messages with different issues!  🙂

@JULIND when you were in US, did you try both AT&T and TMobile?

I suggest you to open another ticket with PM for this issue

JULIND
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On October 29,2021 I tried for the umpteenth time to add a roaming plan for the U.S.  I accidentally did it twice, so was charged twice.  Somehow I managed to lodge a complaint and I see one of the charges was reversed on my credit card, thank you.  However, when I got to the U.S. and tried to make calls I got the usual message back that my plan does not cover calls.  When I returned to Canada and checked my account I see that the charge still on my account.

I have to assume that the plan was cancelled by 'whomever' is in control of all of this.  I am truly frustrated with Public Mobile.  I can prove that it did not work because I took snapshots of the messages.

All I want is my money back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gozer8080 : I was referring to the problem you had to begin with. Not the problem of wanting them to do something about it after the fact. That we saw. We did not see you with the original problem.

@Gozer8080 wrote:

I settled for $10 and 5Gig.  It was their issue.  I paid and they didn't deliver the service.  I should have received all my money back...other companies would have done it...but this is Public.  Thx for all your input...those who supported my issue. The others well haters will be haters. Lol.

@Gozer8080    TBH I don't know why PM didn't just credit you back your $20, instead of offering 5GB + $10 as that would seem to be less costly for them.   I know which one I would prefer... 😊

Did you make it clear to customer support that you would be happier with the $20 credit in lieu of the extra data?  I guess it doesn't matter anyways since you've decided to accept their offer. 

Gozer8080

Obviously you're late to the party.  I did report it, I also opened a ticket and posted here in the community.

Support confirmed the issue was on their side...however, my roaming for the calls and texts did work, so not a full refund.  They offered $7 I asked for $15 we settled on $10 and they threw in the 5Gig.  It was a fair deal.  Other companies for customer centric would have refunded me the entire amount.

This is my last post about it.  The matter is closed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gozer8080 : Next time, come here and ask for any help. The haters are all all too willing to help you along. I'd say what you "settled" for was way over generous. But you do you.

I am still very surprise if the roaming purchased was proved unused at all and not a device issue and PM refused to refund full $20.  

Anyway, you pretty much pay $10 for 5GB.. that is a good deal

Gozer8080

I settled for $10 and 5Gig.  It was their issue.  I paid and they didn't deliver the service.  I should have received all my money back...other companies would have done it...but this is Public.  Thx for all your input...those who supported my issue. The others well haters will be haters. Lol.

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

What's with these sudden generous compensation offers for minor glitches? Should I be negotiating for the last couple of 24 hour+ wait times for customer support? With a suspended account because it wouldn't take my credit card?

@Gozer8080 

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

@darlicious   go back and bargain.  there is a better deal in the drawer somewhere.. you  see OP said the deal was up from $7 to $10+5GB ?  

(I am re-watching Deal or No Deal on Netflix lately  🤔.. )

@Gozer8080 wrote:

they only offered $10 and 5G that's it...up from $7 what a joke this company is.  No customer service skills.

$10 and not a full $20 refund?  I suspect maybe they see you used some of the Roaming data, maybe? 

I still interested what they said about they confirmed it the roaming wasn't working.  What was the exact reply? mind to share?

honest $10 + 5Gb data is a lot and i wouldn't call it a joke.  Again, from what I know, I still don't know what they said about why roaming is not working.  If it is a device issue on your end, if you have used some roaming data already and just stopped for "whatever reason".. i think the compensation is fair , might even be a "too good to be true deal".      Of course, provide us more information and maybe I will agree that it was a "joke" after understanding the full story

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I know, right. Allegedly a couple months free recently. And now this. Wow. You deserve all you can ask for apparently.

@Anonymous 

What's with these sudden generous compensation offers for minor glitches? Should I be negotiating for the last couple of 24 hour+ wait times for customer support? With a suspended account because it wouldn't take my credit card?

@Gozer8080 

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

@Gozer8080 wrote:

they only offered $10 and 5G that's it...up from $7 what a joke this company is.  No customer service skills.

@Gozer8080 

You mean they offer you 5 GB of data?? How dare they??

Man, I wouldn't ...I mean I would want to be in your shoes!!  🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gozer8080 : Sooo an $85 value of compensation isn't enough for you? It also would have been useful to come here when you were having trouble with it.

Gozer8080

@Gozer8080 wrote:

They're trying to low ball me.  They screwed up and now I have to pay for it.

Yep roaming was on, just didn't work and CS confirmed it.

@Gozer8080 

"CS confirmed it".. what did they say and did they tell why roaming didn't work?

So, you already opened a ticket?  if they confirmed it didn't work (for whatever reason), they likely would provide you a refund or account credit

Can you post the reply you got from the CS Agent?

From what I know, many people bought that and use it and confirm it working too.

And, did you try both T-Mobile and AT&T?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gozer8080 : Did you buy the $20 data or the $20 bundle? Does your data otherwise work while in Canada? If you bought the bundle, were you able to call and text while you were struggling with data?

@Gozer8080 

Did you both add the funds and purchase the add on? Or did you choose the add on, add the funds and go back and confirm and submit the purchase of the add on? Is it in your transaction history?

US Roaming add ons start immediately after purchase and expire 240 hours later (10 days). Did you purchase too early? If you did everything correctly you can ask customer support for a credit on your account.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Gozer8080 wrote:

I finally added the add-on prior to entering the US...however, my internet wouldn't work.  How do I get a refund for a service that didn't work?

@Gozer8080 

First, to get the obvious out of the way: roaming is turned on, right?

Did your internet work before without issue when you were using your plan in Canada? Maybe check your APN settings and do a network reset.

Now, do you see your roaming add-ons listed in your Plan details? If no and you see $$ still sitting in your Available funds,that means your purchase is incomplete and you need to go back to the Buy add-ons page and buy it again.

If your balance doesn't show any money and Transaction history confirms the payment has been processed but no Add-ons show up, then you'll have to contact CS to have them check and re-provision your SIM.

Gozer8080

They're trying to low ball me.  They screwed up and now I have to pay for it.

Yep roaming was on, just didn't work and CS confirmed it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Gozer8080 

Was your device's "roaming" set to 'on'?

Also, did you manually select the local network while in the USA?

Anyway, you might try to seek a refund.   

Be prepared for Public Mobile to credit your account with the amount of the add-on.   It'll likely be placed in your Available Funds to be used against a future renewal cycle as opposed to refunded to the payment card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gozer8080 wrote:

@Gozer8080  are you still in the US? The roaming addon will only work while you are in the U.S.A

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account. (make sure you go back and do this step)

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Ensure you see the addon listed under your Overview section on your Self Serve account.

@Gozer8080 wrote:

Hello. The only way to receive consideration for this request would be to open a ticket to cotnact a CSA. This can be done by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.