cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Amount Owing? Credit Card not working?

JFish2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I've been trying to reactivate my account. My credit card on AutoPay has expired and I tried to put in the new one. That was rejected, but it didn't say why. When I tried to use *611, it also didn't work. I called my credit card company who said that there was no issue. I was able to do all of this on my first account fine, but not on my second account. When I called *611, they said the balance owing is $174. I don't know how this happened, as I'm on prepay, and my wife and I have identical plans. I only had to pay my $90 plan renewal, but I don't know why my wife's number has this huge amount owing.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

marlon1994
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try using a new browser (I would recommend using Opera browser or Microsoft Edge). If you're using chrome people seem to have issues with that browser (because of their new security feature). 

> people have issues updating their password on a website
> entering credit card info or updating it
> entering certain websites. 

@JFish2

The self service account website can be finicky.  You can try a different browser, clearing cache or go into incognito/privacy mode.  The credit card information has to be exact, including name and address.  If apartment number in address, leave that area blank.  

Your payment history should show your billing details.  Possible changing of plans?  

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JFish2 wrote:

Hello,

I've been trying to reactivate my account. My credit card on AutoPay has expired and I tried to put in the new one. That was rejected, but it didn't say why. When I tried to use *611, it also didn't work. I called my credit card company who said that there was no issue. I was able to do all of this on my first account fine, but not on my second account. When I called *611, they said the balance owing is $174. I don't know how this happened, as I'm on prepay, and my wife and I have identical plans. I only had to pay my $90 plan renewal, but I don't know why my wife's number has this huge amount owing.

Thanks!

Hi @JFish2,

Did you by any chance change your wife's plan or did the plan twice? When I first joined PM and couldn't make up my mind on time, I had chosen a plan initially but later changed. I then realized that I was charged fully in each situation, then I messaged the moderators and the money for the initial plan was returned into my PM account balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.