cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei compability

bacon123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just ordered a sim card thinking that my phone was compatible. My phone's model is Huawei p30lite(MAR-LX1A) I'm an international student from turkey and I have no idea if my phone would work. I just need a working phone number, I don't even need internet.
Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bacon123 

visit Here link to review full information about any device.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about compatibility with any device.

@BeachNBeer  To relieve some of your angst, be aware, based on my sojourn here, that even such easy modifications to PM's systems are forbidden until approved by Telus. So, grin and bear it. 

Take 3 before using SIMon.Take 3 before using SIMon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Zyl 

Most Chinese manufactured phones are made for the international market and as such are global versions with as many frequencies/bands possible available in their phones and are not sold locked unless they are made for a specific domestic market or their own domestic market and/or a specific mobile provider within those markets. There have been the occasional report of a packaging error with a domestic version of a phone being discovered in a global version's factory sealed box or a counterfeit phone being sold as genuine but that is more of a case of if the price is too good to be true it probably is.....YMMV....Wish.com.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bacon123 wrote:

Hello, I just ordered a sim card thinking that my phone was compatible. My phone's model is Huawei p30lite(MAR-LX1A) I'm an international student from turkey and I have no idea if my phone would work. I just need a working phone number, I don't even need internet.
Thank you!

Is the phone unlocked?  In order to use Public Mobile's SIM card, your cellphone needs to be unlocked otherwise it won't work.  So you might want to check with Huawei.  I don't use Huawei phones (after what China did to Canada and is still doing to Canada, I never will) so I am not sure how their phones work.  

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious  waste of time lol. We're still waiting years for the Quote to be fixed for Mobile. After solutions been posted about that and acknowledged by PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BeachNBeer 

Apparently pm is monitoring the announcement thread for comments, glitches and fixes for the community. Perhaps you want to post this settings adjustment there....of course I think it has a frozen fluffy water particles shaped in a sphere's chance in helium of getting fixed but you never know.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BeachNBeer

@softech  PM community manager needs to log into the administration end of Khoros program. It's all just buttons and thresholds.

In my option PM community manager is just lazy and puts us all in the general spam filter when clearly there is a fix according to Khoros. 

PM should adjust the user settings of accounts that are constantly posting. So that we are not affected by the spam filter. Would save alot of time and frustrations but clearly PM doesn't care.

Here's a link from Khoros forums talking about the spam filter. The one part of someone post (they posted in a spoiler) but what sticks out is this. You can make users immune from all spam grading by granting them the "Bypass automatic spam rejection" permission.

https://community.khoros.com/t5/Khoros-Community-Product/Spam-false-positives/td-p/550397

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bacon123 

Your Huawei Mar-Lx1a Europe spec is:

GSM frequencies:850/900/1800/1900
Standard UMTS:850/900/1700/1900/2100

Compare this to @computergeek541 

frequencies to see if it is compatible.

If it is a Canadian model, it should be compatible.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

PM really needs to do something about their silly spam filter. There goes another post🤬

At least for me , after I hit the "jackpot" (filter) , it followed me for a good 2 weeks of so.  But after that, it disappears for some time.  

Tried to report to PM  but I doubt they did anything.  Honest, I have a feeling they don't know what's wrong either.

@bacon123   Yours is a Europe variant of the phone.  According to the search, it should work

Since you have ordered it, if you cannot cancel the order, then just wait for it to come and borrow a Telus/Koodo/PM SIM from friends to confirm  🙂

But if you can still cancel, I would be more conservative and look for a North American variant of the phone.  

But again, all the research seems to confirm it will work

BeachNBeer

PM really needs to do something about their silly spam filter. There goes another post🤬

@bacon123 wrote:

The infromation I searched for on the internet says that this phone should work at Pubilc Mobile assuming that your device isn't locked to a specific carrier.  Huawei does sell a variant of the P30 Lite that would have better frequency compatbility in Canada, but the important thing is your device supporting UMTS 850MHz and UMTS 1900Mhz as voice service wouldnt' be possible without those.

Need Help? Let's chat.