cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Y9 2019 not working

Wisamnn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I bought new SIM from retail, activate $25 plan, unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500+500 .

I can text and connect online, but I can not talk neither receive calls. 

Tried my SIM in another phone and it's working.

Any advice how to solve this? Can PM help with this?

Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

@tharindumax1 I doubled checked.. Fido only offer VoLTE for postpaid customers https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/fido-volte

Considering your phone is only compatible with 1 band out of 8 LTE bands that Telus uses I think it is not suitable for use in Canada.

tharindumax1

@GinYVR 

its work with Fido post paid.. but after i move to Fido prepaid STOP working...

Your phone is not compatible with Public Mobile for voice component.. from http://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/ccpgw/msa/TKB/app_0000000000011227-CcpTKBKnowOut/ctkbknowout/servlet/...

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 6.28.28 AM.png

You can either use another phone with Public Mobile or upgrade to Koodo so you have the option with VoLTE.

@tharindumax1 

@tharindumax1 wrote:

@LovesToPM

I'm wondering as my postpaid package work good and this happened when moved to prepaid.. Is there network bandwidth charged when moving to prepaid from the service provider side? 

Likely nothing to do with above since the SIM card works well in the Samsung phone.  

The specs on your phone will work with PM

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_y9_(2019)-9324.php

Reboot phone

Did you try the network reset as suggested previously?

Remove SIM card and re-insert to reboot. 

Maybe toggle airplane mode on.  Wait a few minutes and then toggle off.  

Last resort, factory reset (backup relevant information)

tharindumax1

@LovesToPM

I'm wondering as my postpaid package work good and this happened when moved to prepaid.. Is there network bandwidth charged when moving to prepaid from the service provider side? 

tharindumax1

@LovesToPM

Mobile model : JKM-LX1

I already tried using both sim slots. But same result. 

But when I use this sim in my Samsung it's working good. 

@tharindumax1 

What is your exact Huawei model?

Does your Huawei have dual SIM capability? Try putting your PM SIM in the other SIM slot.

Also you can try a network or factory reset.

tharindumax1

Also im wondering whether post paid connect are work it LET/GSM and per paid connection  not supporting for this ?

is there any relation ?

tharindumax1

Hi All,

I got exactly the same issue..please let me know is found any fix for it?

However in my case mobile model and issue exactly the same and below point FYI

1. i had fido post paid account and everything work good

2. moved to fido pre paid account and calls received for sometime

3. move to Public  mobile and now Not receiving call or cannot make calls. but mobile data and text messages are working..

Thanks

Tharindu

tharindumax1

Hi dear,

Finally what was the result ? have you fixed it?? i have exactly the same issue..kindly let me know your outcome 

Thanks

Tharindu

@GinYVR wrote:

@WisamnnUnfortunately UMTS is not HSDPA

One might be a broader category, but I believe most people are going to consider those to be the same thing.  People mix and match 3g, wcdma, umts, hsdpa, and hspa all the time interchangably.

@Wisamnn how do you know it supports 850 and 1900 3G? Huawei's website doesn't list the specs...

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/y9-2019/specs/

If it's a dual SIM device, try using the other SIM slot as suggested by @hairbag1.

@Wisamnn wrote:

Model JKM-LX1

@Wisamnn  If you dial *#*#4636#*#*

Does it show phone information? If yes what is listed as preferred network comnection? If not if you go into your network settings make sure it's not set to LTE only. It should be wcdma/lte/auto pri or similar.

@GinYVR for the purpose of voice calls, you can think of them as meaning the same thing.

There's no way to have HSDPA without UMTS.

@Wisamnn 

Your phone has the requirements for 3G and should work.  The PM service should be fine since the PM sim card works in another phone.  So, it is an issue with your hardware setup.

Did you try a network reset ?  factory reset?

Wisamnn

Model JKM-LX1

@WisamnnUnfortunately UMTS is not HSDPA

Wisamnn

The device data sheet shows 3G bands: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100

It has the two bands you mentioned, any other idea?

Thanks

Wisamnn

The device data sheet shows 3G bands: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100

It has the two bands you mentioned, any other idea?

Thanks

It definitely sounds like your phone doesn't have the correct bands for 3G. You need UMTS/WCDMA 850 MHz (band 5) and 1900 MHz (band 2) for voice calls.

Texting and data can work on 4G LTE.

@Wisamnn 

Network reset or even potentially factory rest of phone is another idea. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wisamnn wrote:

Hello

I bought new SIM from retail, activate $25 plan, unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500+500 .

Thank you

Take the sim card out of sim slot #1 and try it in sim slot #2. It's a long shot but what-the-heck...give it a try and let us know how you make out.

Good luck.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Wisamnn wrote:

Hello

Thank you

Which version of huawei y9 2019?  LX1, LX2,  LX3, AL00, TL00?  If you get the wrong one, it could be incompatible.

andrewjc

Did you restart your phone after activating your SIM card? If problems still persist afterward, it may be worth waiting a bit and trying again. Some features may take a little bit of time to start working on new accounts.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@WisamnnMy guess your phone doesn't have the 3G (could be antennas or baseband) needed for voice. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do other than use another phone for Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.