cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How

HouseKittyBree
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got this phone from a social worker after a house fire. The IMEI does not work to port, I can't register an account online. I have made this account and still cant submit a ticket with simon. I need my account number.

5 REPLIES 5

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Try this.

You can retrieve the IMEI/MEID number on virtually any phone by dialing in the universal code, which is "*#06#". You typically will not need to press the Call or Send button. The IMEI/MEID number will appear as soon as you finish dialing the code. Copy the number. 

This will be the correct IMEI.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@HouseKittyBree 

The phone might be locked, unable to work on Public Mobile.

I think your best bet is to get your social worker to setup the phone and account for you, or to swap the phone for one which will work with your SIM. Or to at least find out which carrier the phone will work on. If that's an option.

You can of course change all your account passwords afterwords. I wouldn't trust a government worker with my accounts, lol.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @HouseKittyBree   

Are you trying to port in a number from another provider?  Try to enter the account number of your old provider instead of using the IMEI.  Putting IMEI as porting info always give error

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@HouseKittyBree 

did your credit card charged or not yet..

if not yet tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @HouseKittyBree   are you trying to port into PM or port out of PM?

to open ticket, you can just message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.