cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would one disassociate ones plan account with community account

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it possible to disassociate ones plan account with the attached community account - I have tried changing the ever safe email in my community account but it also updates the email on my plan account. The reason I thought that I would try this is because I don't expect to ever get any community rewards. Also since this is a public forum and login info is the same as used to login to my phone plan account this would reduce the possibility of being compromised.  Furthermore what prompted this thought is because member  @dust2dust  in one of his posts mentioned that he has 3 community accounts and unless he also has 3 active plan accounts , how did he manage to do this ?

11 REPLIES 11

@El_Gato wrote:

My PM phone plan is no longer but my community account still active -why?  In addition to my long time bell prepaid account I did try the less expensive $15 PM plan for a while but let it expire so it is no longer active. I had assumed that ever safe would also remove my community account but no it's still active. I wonder how many unassociated to an active phone plan are floating around this forum.

HI @El_Gato 

Community and My Accounts are different system., just use the same account

My Account can be closed and the "account" in that system will be gone

But what you posted with your Community account stays.  Yup, you cannot removed what you posted.  The extreme we have seen was that people violate community rules , account became "Anonymous" but the posts still here.   I think it makes sense, too.  The idea to this Community is people can search and get the help they won't, if everyone wants their posts removed, or if people gone and all posts gone, what is the purpose of a Community or a forum?

What happens when you try to login to myaccount.publicmobile.ca?
Try subscribe.publicmobile.ca and use the credentials and see how far you can get (without paying anything of course).

Yup @El_Gato 

and if for any reason, the community account is somehow associated with a prior PM service account, just ask a customer support agent to associate it with the new service account:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

El_Gato

@HALIMACS wrote:

@El_Gato 

great question!

remember, though, that the community account almost has no association with the service account. Folks can create a community account without ever having an associated Public Mobile account. It’s just a means to identify oneself in the community of other users

If a promo deal presents itself  and I  setup a new PM phone plan account could I connect it to this - my present -- community account?

@El_Gato 

great question!

remember, though, that the community account almost has no association with the service account. Folks can create a community account without ever having an associated Public Mobile account. It’s just a means to identify oneself in the community of other users

El_Gato

My PM phone plan is no longer but my community account still active -why?  In addition to my long time bell prepaid account I did try the less expensive $15 PM plan for a while but let it expire so it is no longer active. I had assumed that ever safe would also remove my community account but no it's still active. I wonder how many unassociated to an active phone plan are floating around this forum.

DennyCrane has a more useful answer to the actual question. And you basically answered it for yourself by your good testing. I didn't want to dare trying changing the community email in case things got boogered. You did. It links to the service account. Now we know.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @El_Gato 

you cannot.  The email you login My Account will be tied with a Community account, you cannot untie it

But you can also have account with Only Community access and without any My Account link

El_Gato

@dust2dust wrote:

By your "unless" clause. I have 3 active service accounts here. Many people here have multiple accounts that they "manage". Nothing different or unique.
You've done some good figuring of something I have wondered about too. So it's all one eversafe account per service account/community.

Thanks for clarification - than now makes sense. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

By your "unless" clause. I have 3 active service accounts here. Many people here have multiple accounts that they "manage". Nothing different or unique.
You've done some good figuring of something I have wondered about too. So it's all one eversafe account per service account/community.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. The Community account is what you'll use to contact PM staff if you ever have an account related issue. They will authenticate you, part of which is done with the link of your Community account to your phone account.

Need Help? Let's chat.