cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Prepaid Mastercard

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have received a Prepaid Mastercard as a gift.  I am wondering how to use it to pay for my PM fee.  I already have autopay with my own credit card.

I have following questions:

1) Can I just use the whole amount of the giftcard to make a payment now and have that amount in my account and let PM deduct it every month until that amount is used up.

or 2) Change my present credit card to the giftcard and switch back once the giftcard is used up.

I prefer method 1, is that doable since the giftcard amount is more than my monthly payment amount?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

LawnDan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, If you go to make a payment and choose other amount, enter the amount you want and just use the gift Visa. That amount will be paid to your account. And your good tool or runs out. 

@apvm 

Not all prepaid credit cards are accepted by Pulbic mobile.  You can try to find out.  Either lump sum or monthly payment. 

If it does not accept, you could use prepaid card to purchase payment vouchers and load to your account.  

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or  3rd option would be to go buy a voucher at a store or gas bar with the prepaid card. I would be leary of swapping credit cards. If your going to swap cards, I would empty all the funds into your selfserver acct. Then wait a few days before swapping back (if you got atleast enough funds for a month)

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's generally thought of as unwise financial management to dump so much real money into the account at once. You can certainly use it to pay your term just before renewal. You can set the card up for autopay as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.