cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer your public mobile number to another company, when public mobile is not co-operating

Jamie11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new company is trying to transfer out my public mobile number, however public mobile is not honouring my request through the other phone company 

6 REPLIES 6

Jamie11

The phone number is correct. I’m unable to access my text messages or text or phone calls. So I need to get correspondence via email or community

@Jamie11 wrote:

I cannot access any text at present. It must be sent via email. The phone number given is valid

Hi @Jamie11 

what is the reason you cannot access text?

it is a rule for all carrier to send text and get a text response YES to complete porting.  It is not PM not cooperating.  All carriers need it as a proof to avoid SIM fraud.  They won't just accept email 

if you lost your sim card and cannot receive and reply text, you have to open ticket with PM and hope they can work out something with you. 

but the worst case is you have to get a new PM sim , set it up to your account and then follow the proper procedure to receive text for the porting

Please open ticket with PM CS agent and try to work out something

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jamie11

I cannot access any text at present. It must be sent via email. The phone number given is valid

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jamie11   you have to tell us clearly what you meant by  " public mobile is not honouring my request through the other phone company "  

did you just not receiving the porting text from PM?  if so, there are many reasons for that.  Maybe you didn't give the new company the proper information.  did you give them the correct phone number? (don't laugh , many people entered it wrong). 

Did you give them your account number or just IMEI?  Giving IMEI might work but proved to be problematic in many cases

Tell us exactly what make you think PM is not "co-operating"  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jamie11 

Did you replied to the text from PM confirming that you are porting over to another carrier with the PM SIM in your phone. There will be 90 minute window for you to reply.

Also your PM account must be Active.

Both of these are required to port over successfully or your porting request will be cancelled.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jamie11 @Are you trying to port to Koodo ?

Need Help? Let's chat.