cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer Public Mobile phone number to a new plan and get new phone number on old plan

Ogorek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have grandfathered $10 plan. I want to transfer my phone number to a new higher price plan and give my old plan to my sister. On my old plan I want to generate a new phone number. How do I do this?

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous wrote:

@Quigley wrote:

Once again, there's major inconclusive proof of what the policy is when it comes to doing this function. 

Once again...... crickets from higher ups.

@Quigley : Oracle computergeek541 has addressed this. This has been gone over many times. Policy says no per computergeek541. User darlicious claims that some people have been able to. I guess goodwill and all that. I don't agree. But I'm a black & white hard___ when it comes to these kinds of policies.

They used to, but not anymore. So YMMV.

Public Mobile specifically said that this type of number/account swap would no longer be allowed. If that directive has been changed, they have not told customers, nor have they informed the Oracles, so all I can go by is the statement that they did give.  That's as official as it's going to get.  It's also possible that the current CSAs do not know about this policy since the directive to absolutely disallow such practice was given to a different group of moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quigley wrote:

Once again, there's major inconclusive proof of what the policy is when it comes to doing this function. 

@Quigley : Oracle computergeek541 has addressed this. This has been gone over many times. Policy says no per computergeek541. User darlicious claims that some people have been able to. I guess goodwill and all that. I don't agree. But I'm a black & white hard___ when it comes to these kinds of policies.

They used to, but not anymore. So YMMV.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ogorek wrote:

I could keep both accounts under my name and let the sister use the cheaper one, but I would still need to transfer my phone number to a new plan as I want to keep my number. Can I have two accounts?

@Ogorek    Yes you can but if you transfer your number (port out?), then that account will close.  Otherwise you can use an email alias to have all the emails come to the main email address for any new accounts.

@Ogorek 

You can have a many accounts as you have email addresses. 

Ogorek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I could keep both accounts under my name and let the sister use the cheaper one, but I would still need to transfer my phone number to a new plan as I want to keep my number. Can I have two accounts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Heck...providers could re-use their old dead SIM's. They won't. They don't. ... policy donchaknow.

@HALIMACS wrote:

It's true @Ogorek , PM won't do this.

Realistically though, it's not an outrageous request and likely isn't too difficult to complete. 

Alas, customers are out of luck with this one. 

I thought someone posted recently that CS_Agent did facilitate that for them since the accounts were still going to be with PM.  It's a bit unfair if one person gets it and not another.

Edit:  @Ogorek  You could always ask customer support by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen and submitting a ticket.   You'll lose nothing even if they confirm that it can't be done. 

Then your option is to give both the $10 account and your number to your sister and open a new account with new number for yourself, unless you are porting out your number to another provider which would mean the account would close once the number is ported out.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's true @Ogorek , PM won't do this.

Realistically though, it's not an outrageous request and likely isn't too difficult to complete. 

Alas, customers are out of luck with this one. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ogorek wrote:

I have grandfathered $10 plan. I want to transfer my phone number to a new higher price plan and give my old plan to my sister. On my old plan I want to generate a new phone number. How do I do this?

Sista will have to start a new plan...with a new sim. Cheapest plan currently is $15.

edit...if you still want to upgrade your $10 plan, you can do that in self-service. You won't be able to get that $10 plan back once you opt out of it as it's no longer available.

You can also change your number there if you like. ..(log in to your account / My Profile / Change Number)

@Ogorek wrote:

Sorry, but you cannot do this. Also, customer support agents are not supposed to assist with this type of request.

Need Help? Let's chat.