cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop seeing disclaimers/signatures in all posts?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I often see usually on an oracles post a boldly lettered notice denoting they are not moderators or employees so please don't share personal information like credit card info or email. I find this irritating especially on my phone as it takes up extra valuable space in a post already difficult to view. Is there anyway of getting rid of this since I know who the oracles already are?

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pm's asking general questions from people with no prior activity. I would help them as well as I could. Too often there'd be no thanks forthcoming, no got it it works now. Just gone. I got tired of that and so just tell them to go post in the forum. The odd time they'd appear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@srlawren wrote:
... even with the signatures, they get tons of private messages from community members thinking they are moderators or PM support staff and sending them personal info and asking for help ...

I still get these sorts of msgs sporadically. Haven't been deluged with them since the last time PM ran an epic promo. Part of why I hate wearing a lofty "Mayor" title, I never had this problem back when I was admired as a Town Hero.

Perhaps PM could modify the Private Message intetface a little, put a prominent "Send Your Problem Directly To Our Support Staff By Clicking Here" button right on screen (above a "Don't Bug The Oracles Or The Mayors" message).

That is another issue @Korth  they don't want people to direct message the mods they want them to go through SIMon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@srlawren wrote:
... even with the signatures, they get tons of private messages from community members thinking they are moderators or PM support staff and sending them personal info and asking for help ...

I still get these sorts of msgs sporadically. Haven't been deluged with them since the last time PM ran an epic promo. Part of why I hate wearing a lofty "Mayor" title, I never had this problem back when I was exalted as a "Town Hero".

Perhaps PM could modify the Private Message interface a little, put a prominent "Send Your Problem Directly To Our Support Staff By Clicking Here" button right on screen (above a "Don't Bug The Oracles, Ex-Oracles, Or Mayors" message).

@srlawren 

I do perfectly understand the reasoning and the purpose. This thread doesn't fully show the context of the question as it stems from the lounge thread " top contributers: december". But I wanted the question to have some additional purpose. It's a long story....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious they may irritate you, but as a former oracle I can tell you why they have them:  because even with the signatures, they get tons of private messages from community members thinking they are moderators or PM support staff and sending them personal info and asking for help, which is counterproductive all around.  Having the signature in place helps prevent the people that take enough time to use their eyes from doing so, and greatly reduces the amount of these misdirected private messages.  I can speak from personal experience that I noticed a marked decrease after setting mine up.  Of course, as a former oracle, mine no longer displays, sadly, as I still get the odd PM to this day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CannonFodder  If you occasionally use your phone to peruse the community to kill a few minutes while not at home....and especially with a smaller screen phone like my galaxy A3 the disclaimer takes up valuable space. And since I was making the question after the fact it had to have a meaningful purpose.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

I often see usually on an oracles post a boldly lettered notice denoting they are not moderators or employees so please don't share personal information like credit card info or email. I find this irritating especially on my phone as it takes up extra valuable space in a post already difficult to view. Is there anyway of getting rid of this since I know who the oracles already are?

Hmmm, never even thought of the valuable screen space as being an issue with signatures..... of course, since I only ever check out this site while on my 'puter, I suppose that would account for why it's not an issue.....

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13  Can I not officially ask the question and you merge the threads and I can then award the solution to @Jb456 ?

When threads are merged they go in Chronological order I believe. 

In this case it wasn't chronological but it didn't have an originating question or two which is often the case. So maybe asking the question forced everything else follow after in its chronological  sequence. Anyhow @Jb456  gets his just reward...a solution and we learned we can work together to achieve a common goal.....and play nice! Good work teammate! Cause there's no "i " in team.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13  Ok more trouble than it's worth then....unless for the sake of finding out the answer to whether merged threads are chronological when the actual question is only asked officially once? Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Proved they are not, I guess it seems that way when duplicate threads get merged together.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  Ok more trouble than it's worth then....unless for the sake of finding out the answer to whether merged threads are chronological when the actual question is only asked officially once? Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13  Can I not officially ask the question and you merge the threads and I can then award the solution to @Jb456 ?

When threads are merged they go in Chronological order I believe. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456 , I can't take a solution for moving a post lol.  There are a few How-To threads don't have solutions. 

@ShawnC13  got it. How to? That's fine. Thanks

@ShawnC13  lol well I can't give myself the solution haha. This was the solution for @darlicious  issue about seeing signatures. I gave the solution which you transfered over. Had you transfered her part over first then she could have game me the solution. 😁 So you get it!

@ShawnC13 make an exception this time. @Jb456 really wanted you to have this one👍

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456 , I can't take a solution for moving a post lol

@Jb456 , I can't take a solution for moving a post lol.  There are a few How-To threads don't have solutions. 

@gblackma  none 😝 @darlicious was trying to run away from one lol

Thanks @Jb456 . Just wondering whose signature you are running from.

Moved to discussion I do not have the ability to pin it at the top

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Click your "Badge"

Click "My settings"

Click "Preferences"

UNTICKK "View Signatures in post"Screenshot_20200209_041745.jpg

Click "Save"

This way you will not see @ShawnC13 signature in his posts if it bothers you.

Need Help? Let's chat.