cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a sim card order?

Anonjr26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ordered another sim card for someone I know who wants a plan that is cheap but a some trouble logging in. Anyways I figured it out, I just had to press the "ShopPay" button at the bottom of the page for check out. In my my email however it shows that I ordered two sim cards by accident. Is there anyway to confirm this and stop it from going through?

15 REPLIES 15

Anonjr26

Yeah I know. I'm live in NL and everywhere is sold out so I figured since my friends birthday is coming up I would do her a solid.

@RossN  

Lol...i do have my back up flip phone but I reside on the opposite coast now (born in Halifax.) But if we flatten the curve and the airlines get back up with some regular service I'm booked to fly to Halifax in September......im going to visit my parents in antigonish......hopefully.

@darlicious 

@darlicious wrote:

@RossN 

Hey it never hurts to be prepared. I dont need toilet paper for at least two more months either.

@darlicious yes it might be a good idea to carry an old cell phone to have it ready to go lol,if you're in Halifax I have a lead for you 😊

@RossN 

Hey it never hurts to be prepared. I dont need toilet paper for at least two more months either.

@darlicious 

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonjr26 

It never hurts to have an extra sim card to make a referral. I carry one with me in my bag just in case. With line ups to get into most stores these days you can save someone some hassle and get that referral. Maybe pm will offer up a bonus referral credit and let us refer our friends and help them activate socially distant over our phones or chat/messaging apps.

@darlicious you carry one in your bag wow now that's a real PM junkie lol

@Anonjr26 

It never hurts to have an extra sim card to make a referral. I carry one with me in my bag just in case. With line ups to get into most stores these days you can save someone some hassle and get that referral. Maybe pm will offer up a bonus referral credit and let us refer our friends and help them activate socially distant over our phones or chat/messaging apps.

@Anonjr26 wrote:

Yeah I ordered the second card by accident so I am going sell it to someone. If I manage to give a referral and get my money back at the same time then this actually would turn out to be a great even if it was done by accident. Haha

GIVE IT to someone if they commit to use your referral. That kind gesture will more than pay you back! 

Anonjr26

Yeah I ordered the second card by accident so I am going sell it to someone. If I manage to give a referral and get my money back at the same time then this actually would turn out to be a great even if it was done by accident. Haha

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I prefer not to order stuff online for others unless they prepay me. This way it show me how much they really want it, and they know they can not change their mind after I make the purchase.  A sim card is not much money, but if you dont want it i would eiher try to sell it or giveway as a gift to somethat is going to use it along with your referal code.

@Anonjr26 A moderator might honor your request as others have suggested, but sim card orders are really final sale.  If you know a friend thinking of switching, I'm sure that person would be willing to buy it off you instead of needing to wait for a shipment.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Anonjr26 wrote:

I just ordered another sim card for someone I know who wants a plan that is cheap but a some trouble logging in. Anyways I figured it out, I just had to press the "ShopPay" button at the bottom of the page for check out. In my my email however it shows that I ordered two sim cards by accident. Is there anyway to confirm this and stop it from going through?

to be completely honest I would just keep that second one. If you have kids get them on a cheap 15.00 plan that they can use for emergencies or something. Or just keep it for later down the road. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Give it to a friend when he/she uses your referral code. It will MORE than pay you back. 

@Anonjr26, once you do as @JoyLuck suggests Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Anonjr26 you could always try and contact a mod as @JoyLuck  suggested but you may be a little late hopefully you can find another friend and get another referal 😊

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Anonjr26 wrote:

Contact a moderator:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.