cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Yahoo E mail / Face Book notifications from interrupting Samsung Galaxy II x phone use?

johnkid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Samsung Galaxy Model ACE II x cell phone with Public Mobile. The phone operation is continually being interrupted with my Yahoo E Mail and Face Book Notifications (Downloads / Sounds / Vibrations etc.).  How can I reset the SETTINGS on this phone to stop / eliminate this problem?  I have discussed this problem with Public Mobile and received NO GOOD SOLUTION! I have also sent an E-Mail to Samsung Canada describing the problem with NO FEEDBACK to date. I am open to any suggestions to try to solve this problem!  THANKS

3 REPLIES 3

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@johnkid, I don't mean to come across as being rude, issues like yours is the reason why Prepaid phone companies are not giving Live phone support to there customers. This is an issue with the settings or apps on your phone that is causing this. It is not a Public Mobile issue what so ever. So not sure why you would call PublicMobile. I know you are not going to like my answer but that is the truth.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello again,

I have a Moto G, and my suggestions are based on that phone.

First, turn off vibration.

Two, turn off sound before making a call. When someone calls you, turn off sound before answering the call.

I hope that the above applies to your phone. Good luck!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

It seems that the problem is with the apps. Public Mobile didn't put them on your phone.

The solution is to turn off notification by the apps. One way, if possible, is to go into the settings of each app to see if notifications can be eliminated.

If that is not possible, uninstall the apps from your phone.

If that is unacceptable to you, then the solution is to live with the current situation. I know that you were hoping for a better solution, but that is the fact of the matter.

Need Help? Let's chat.