cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resume service without reactivating stolen SIM, also need new phone number

mildlycranky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I hope you can help me to make sure I do this correctly. I've tried searching the Community but am not finding the info I am looking for. My stolen phone with sim have not been recovered. I now have a new phone and sim card and require a new phone number.  I'm not sure if I just go into the account, hit the Resume button and hope for the best, or if there is something I need to do first to make sure the thief doesn't get access restored. They have already tried to access other linked accounts. I don't know if you have a way to blacklist the SIM and IMEI, but if you do, I'd appreciate if that can be done, or if I need to do it, a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

mildlycranky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the prompt response! I was able to log in, but the profile page has the sim and phone number grayed out, so I tried Resume Service and was offered the option to update sim first. That failed. So I tried again but selected Resume. That also failed. I will use the link to ask an agent for help now. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mildlycranky 

Login My Account, it will try to send you the 2FA code to your phone, click didn't receive code and then Send email to get the code in email

then go to Profile page, click the pencil beside sim card, update it

after sim is updated, click the pencil beside phone number, and pick a new number

if you cannot login, or rather got help doing all these, please ask agent to help

message them:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.