Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read date/time stamps when looking at usage

Yamm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I look at my usage, I see things like this:

14/01/2017 12:08 Web           0 MB MB $0.00
14/01/2017 12:08 Web           850 MB MB $0.00

The time stamps don't appear to be in 24 hour time, nor do they specify AM or PM.  Nor do they specify a time zone, leaving me wondering if they are in my local time zone (PST), or if they are in EST, GMT, or some other time.  Can anyone confirm how to interpret this info?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ttplaya wrote:

I'm in Pacific timezone, and I notice that in my usage history, all the outgoing calls are in my local timezone while all the incoming calls are in Eastern time. This makes things even more confusing.

@ttplaya bummer!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ttplaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Pacific timezone, and I notice that in my usage history, all the outgoing calls are in my local timezone while all the incoming calls are in Eastern time. This makes things even more confusing.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yamm data seems to be a daily update in the usage history.  So that's your data usage from the previous 24 hours all lumped together.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am thinking it would be the beginning or end as you are saying

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yamm

Strange that it's not in 24 hour.  Seems like an easy fix.  How about this then.  I doubt that the whole 850 MB was used that very minute.  Was that the total amount of data used for the day and that just happened to be the time of day the account was updated?  Or was the beginning and/or end of the period of time the data was used for?

Yeah that part you have to look at and try to remember.  It would be nice to be able to pick your time zone to have things displayed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yamm

Sounds good, that's helpful info, thank you.  How do you know if it's AM or PM?  It doesn't appear to be 24 hour time, nor does it appear to specify AM or PM.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is eastern time.  I had put in a Post about having it show your local time to make it easier to read.  I will try and dig it up.  @Yamm here it is and upvote it to see if it is something they will change

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Time-Zone-Selection/idc-p/128360#M4595

Need Help? Let's chat.