cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get an Esim

Jules173552
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While activating my esim failed. 

talked to a customer service agent and they told me to go in store. In store says to contact a customer service agent because public mobile is self serve. 

asked for a refund on the esim and was told that there were no refunds. 

wow. Any ideas on how to actually get what I paid for ? 

13 REPLIES 13

Jules173552

IMG_8856.png

They ended up re sending me the esim and it didn’t work because I GOT A PHYSICAL ESIM. So that esim was no longer attached to my account.
I have an iPhone 13. My phone is esim compatible. 

whatever. I got my $5 back. But even after escalating I never got to talk to someone else.

overall - didn’t enjoy this experience. But hopefully I just no longer have any issues and can just keep autopaying.

I hope eventually esim becomes self serve. 

Jules173552

I thought things were going well? I just told them I went to the store after they told me to and the store said I couldn’t have an esim. I wasn’t even rude even though they wasted an hour of me driving lol. 

@Jules173552 wrote:

You purchased, or tried, the eSIM in a store, please talk with the store.

That is a crazy line. It's not at all possible to have bought an esim in a store. What the heck are they talking about. Yeah. Just escalate. A bit of a harsh feeling to the message too. Jeez. Unless you've been arguing with them and so they throw that at you.

Jules173552

Latest OS. It was an issue with the number port. i put in my imei number with chatr when I put in my number transfer. Turns out that causes issues so I put in my account number later. 
This caused the entire esim to fail and then delete. 

@Jules173552  "You can get escalated", I guess you will simply ask them to escalate   🙂

btw, your iPhone has the latest OS?  Which iPhone is that

Jules173552

This is what they sent to me :

You can get escalated if you have a problem that I cannot fix.

In your case, the problem does not exist, we cannot reimburse

for an eSIM, you have it on our site.

Respectfully I remind you, it is your responsibility to check the compatibility

between your phone and the eSIM and the eSIM activation.

You purchased, or tried, the eSIM in a store, please talk with the store.

We simply cannot refund the purchase of an eSIM. 

Right. I was going on the vague line that support said to go to a store. I wonder if they meant for you to buy a physical sim.

@Jules173552 wrote:

yes it was on an iPhone. The esim after not being activated deleted overnight 😞

support would not send me a new QR code. And when I asked for a refund they told me that according to terms and services, no refund would be given. 

@Jules173552   not sure your error nature, but I know PM support able to resend QR code if it was never installed.  But again as I said, it might have to do with the problem of activating eSIM on iPhone

And yes, Corporate store can only sell you physical sim, they know nothing about PM eSIM process

and escalate and ask for the $5 refund, they were unable to do it, not your fault

Jules173552

I went to a corporate store and they said I can only have a physical sim, not an esim. 

Jules173552

yes it was on an iPhone. The esim after not being activated deleted overnight 😞

support would not send me a new QR code. And when I asked for a refund they told me that according to terms and services, no refund would be given. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jules173552   do you have an iPhone?  It had some issue with eSIM activation with iPhone last week, not sure if it is resolved now

So, you already engaged support and confirmed eSIM didn't work?  did you install the QR code for eSIM profile? or you deleted the eSIM profile?  I would ask them to escalate and see if they can resend you another QR code

If not, then ask them to escalate and give you back the $5, afterall, you need to pay another $5-$10 for a physical sim card, they should provide refund.  If you ask for escalation, you have a chance

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It would have been rather more helpful of support if they said you had to go to a corporate store to get a sim. Click on Pick up a sim card down below to find a corporate store. Did they say they would reimburse you the cost?

Need Help? Let's chat.