cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sim card using email

Ali12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone, got a new sim card, trying to change sim card via email it does not allow me the system accepts via phone (but I donot have the phone!) via email stops and say go back to login! tried many times but not successful. Not sure how to fix this issue.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ali12 : The above is _not_ the only way. It would be helpful to the community if you reported back with your experiences after all the replies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ali12 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

t_p
Mayor / Maire

2FA =Two-Factor Authentication

Also have other names like 2-step Verification...

@Koombassi  there were many cases of SIM fraud earlier this year and it was concerning. 

At one point, PM removed the feature to let customers request SIM swap on My Account themselves.  Instead, CSA was involved to validate client identity but it delayed the process and some people were not happy.   

2FA is then introduced, it allows customers to request SIM swap themselves but also keep the necessary security check there without much delay.

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

And another thanks to you @darlicious @for this info. 

Koombassi

@computergeek541 

Ah..hah! Thanks for the info. I went back to my Overview page and saw the Change SIM card feature and the email/sms option. 

@Koombassi 

Because of the high incidence of fraudulent SIM swaps pm removed the ability to perform SIM swaps in our accounts until they could secure that feature. They recently returned that feature to our accounts but one must verify account ownership with a verification code sent via SMS text or email. Otherwise SIM swaps can still be performed by the CSA's for customers unable to verify by 2FA.

@Koombassi wrote:

@darlicious 

Email 2FA is a new feature to me. Can you explain, please?

This is a security measure. Other companies do this too, sometimes for logging into an account. The e-mail must be responded to in some way, sometimes it being a link just to confirm, or sometimes, a code is provided that needs to be entered to get into an account. In Public Mobile's case, 2FA methods are now being used before allowing a customer to change the active SIM card.

Koombassi

@darlicious 

Email 2FA is a new feature to me. Can you explain, please?

@Koombassi 

To perform a SIM swap you must verify thru either SMS or email 2FA.

@Ali12 

Before making a change in your account it is best to clear your browser, reboot your device, use secret/incognito mode with chrome, firefox or safari as these work best. Or change the device or computer you are using.....microsoft edge works well with pc/laptops.

Now you should be able to get email 2FA to work. Make sure you have resumed your service with the lost/stolen feature if you have previously suspended service when the phone was originally lost after swapping sim cards. You may have to suspend it again briefly thru lost/stolen if you have trouble getting the system to take your payment from your balance if you need to reactivate your service.

The CSA's have finished for the day so we can continue to help you til you accomplish getting the SIM swapped and/or service reactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ali12 : Try another browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

Koombassi

@Ali12 

Can you access your account? Report your telephone is lost. When you get a new phone reactivate. I'm unclear when you say you're trying to activate with email. You can only activate through your PM account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.