cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to buy Adds on

edrucker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey! I'm going to the US next month and I'd like to buy some data for met time there.

I've never bought add-on before so I'm not sure how the process works.

If I will be there by the 15th, when should I do the purchase? Do I need to pay in advance?

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@edrucker 

Here is some more information on purchasing roaming add on:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

The US roaming packages are 10 days and start when you immediately purchase.  You can purchase on the 14th or 15th.  

Just remember it is a two step process.  Need to load the funds into available balance and then purchase the add on.  You need to pay before the add on will work.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@edrucker : Deposit money then buy add-on. It's a bit non-intuitive. It seems like you're buying one but you're only depositing money. So do it again. Edit: If you already have enough in Available Funds then it will work fine.

The add-ons start the moment you buy them and last for 240 hours.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@edrucker wrote:

Hey! I'm going to the US next month and I'd like to buy some data for met time there.

I've never bought add-on before so I'm not sure how the process works.

If I will be there by the 15th, when should I do the purchase? Do I need to pay in advance?

Thanks for your help

@edrucker 

For US travel, you'll need the US Roaming add-ons:

Plans (publicmobile.ca) > US Roaming (10 day packages)

First load money into your account, make sure they appear in Available funds.

Then go to the Buy add-ons page, select the ones you want and complete the purchase.

If you will be going only by the 15th, buy the add-ons only before leaving since they start working right away and expire after 240 hours. And if you need to buy the same again, you'll need to wait 24 hrs or ask CS to do it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.