cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid using my available funds on an 'add-on' | Work Expense

oblong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Taking a business trip to US and want to buy a $30 data text bundle add-on to keep connected on my Canadian plan while there. I typically expense this cost to my employer no problem. This time around, I have credit in my account from loyalty and subscription. When I try and buy the bundle, this credit is automatically applied to amount owed. I'm only able to expense what's on receipt with my employer - and I'd really prefer a personal savings to not go towards a professional expense.

Any way around this?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

oblong

@hairbag1 - awesome! I'm flying from International (Zone 3) so I'll have a look around and report back.

@oblong 

there's a 7/11 at YVR in the Domestic Terminal building, Level 1. If you're there now...they should have the vouchers available.

oblong

Aha! Thanks @HALIMACS  and @fixin  for solving! Shall do just that. Hopefully somewhere in YVR has available.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@oblong - Purchase a Payment voucher that will load up the entire amount (Tax not needed with vouchers, tax added during checkout at store.) Buy them at Recharge, or look at locations here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Here is what they look like physically:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 4.29.03 PM.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@oblong 

You could purchase a public mobile payment voucher in the face value of the amount of the add-on and submit that for the purposes of your trip add on purchase. 

Need Help? Let's chat.