cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Search for Lounge Threads?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Alright I thought I was going crazy today with not being able to find the following thread I posted in the lounge "Teracube 2e : Back in Stock!"? I could Google it but not click on it? I did eventually find it and copy the url to my clipboard and tested the link....ok great. So I decided to check another one and again nothing in the search results? Why can we not search for Lounge threads?

I wasn't kidding the other day when I said I can't even find my own threads in the Lounge....but I was referring to the fact they really do get buried in the abyss rather than the popular threads floating up to the top they just get buried deeper and deeper.....

So as much as certain members say it's the same exposure in the lounge as "Get Support"i n reality the Lounge is just a Black Hole....any older but interesting threads buried with all the drivel, split posts, irrelevant posts, random cuts and whatever piled on top and the inability to Search for threads that you know the exact title of....🤔

Is this new? A glitch? Ideas? But maybe if you can't say any nice say nothing at all.....🐡🌵🥀? Either that then just direct it below......

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Hmmmm....now all lounge threads show as already read. The titles are no longer in bold....read or not?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious    Actually, I think the only thing PM made easier with this new community format is being able to quickly search for old threads that you might have posted.   I was able to find your "Teracube 2e" thread easily by clicking on your profile.  All the Posts on the left hand side of your profile are really all the threads you posted.  The Replies are obviously responses in general and would probably be harder to go through and find a specific one when they number in the thousands.

Is this the thread you were looking for?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Teracube-2e-back-in-stock/td-p/791176

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

At 19,000+ posts that is not an ideal suggestion. Thx anyways.

In your profile, "posts" are only newly started threads.  I agree that this isn't an easy way to find one of the threads that you've started, but in the "posts" (really threads) list will contain a list of much less than 19K entries.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

At 19,000+ posts that is not an ideal suggestion. Thx anyways.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

While this isn't ideal, all threads that you've started can be viewed in your profile.  I know that doesn't give you a way to search for them, but at least you wouldn't have to look through an entire forum category to find them.   The "Posts" section seems to be more of a list of threads.

That would be helpful to dig up info when needed! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Something must have changed.  I know when it switched to the new platform it was working then it didn't and now it looks like it isn't again.

@J_PM, are you able to see why we can't search for threads in The Lounge, and why they aren't showing on the main page under recent replies please.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.