cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Retry Number Transfer or Just Get a New Number?

Emma222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to Public Mobile with an eSim and attempted to transfer my number from my old carrier yesterday but it didn't work and I got the message explaining that it didn't work and someone would call me. The person who called me was unable to help. If I truly did type something in wrong, how can I retry the transfer- I've seen someone say that you can retry 3 times but I can't find where to do this (when I try on the Profile page in My Account it says the number is not eligible for port)? Also, if I am unable to actually transfer the number, how do I go about just getting a new number? 

(I'm unable to submit a ticket, just keep getting an error message even after clearing cookies etc.)

4 REPLIES 4

ZaneZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi can you please pm me the # to the porting team? I'm having this same issue. Thanks.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Emma222,

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with the transfer. I'm sure that it will work eventually but you might need some help. I suggest calling the porting team to see if your transfer was stuck throughout the way. I'll send you their phone number via private message. Unfortunately we cannot post phone numbers in the public community. Check your community inbox for more information. 

After contacting the porting team, if you still encounter issues, I would recommend submitting a ticket to the customer service team for further support. You can use the link below to submit a ticket.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Emma222 

check the little envelop icon on top right side of page...I sent a number for you to call for help...

Need Help? Let's chat.