cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Buy add-ons (via text or phone)

VeryDiscouraged
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day

With the data add-ons now expiring,  is there anyway to buy add-ons via text (or call.) I've heard that PM had it set up at one point to even change plan type via text.

Once every 5-6 months I exceed my plan data allotment a few days before the end of the monthly cycle and would like a way to grab a data add-on while in the field. And not have to be without data until I can find some wifi to use the PM website.

Thanks V.D.

5 REPLIES 5

@BKNS27 wrote:

@VeryDiscouraged 

Since the launch of the new website and app. All add-on purchases expires after 30 days.

You can login to the app and make your add-on purchases. I don’t think you can make add-on purchase by calling but you can try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and see if there is an option by purchasing.

Texting is not an option.

The customer wishes to purchase add-ons without using data. The app and Self Serve website require mobile data (or at least some type of active internet connection) to perform this task.  Along with use the toll free nmumber, add-ons can be purchased by dialing 611.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @VeryDiscouraged 

Another option is to upgrade to the next account up. Not sure which plan you have now but it might actually be worth it in the end. If you do say... 4 1GB data purchases that's $60 a year extra. Do that $60 divide that by 12 months is $5 a month. If for example, you happen to be on the $25 1GB plan and you happen to still be on the Legacy reward program, upgrading to the $39 ($34 x 90 Days) would mean you'd be paying $9 more a month but you'd be getting 19GB more a month. So in theory you're paying $5 a month for that extra 1GB of 30 days data but paying an extra $4 you'd get 19GB more. Much more value for your dollar there.

KennethJAdams_0-1695565934029.png

@softech 

Yes good point, thanks for the reminder about the expiry on roaming and LD calling.

@BKNS27 

Not "All add-on purchases expires after 30 days."

Only regular data add-on expired within 30 days. Roaming add-ons has as 15 days expiry while voice minuete and LD minutes add-ons still have no expiry

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@VeryDiscouraged 

Since the launch of the new website and app. All add-on purchases expires after 30 days.

You can login to the app and make your add-on purchases. I don’t think you can make add-on purchase by calling but you can try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and see if there is an option by purchasing.

Texting is not an option.

Need Help? Let's chat.