cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is "1 GB" ?

VerminousCoot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could someone confirm whether when Public Mobile refers to "1 GB" that they mean 1,073,741,824 bytes or 1,000,000,000 bytes?

11 REPLIES 11

@VerminousCoot wrote:

Looking at my usage history, I think I did use up the add-on data already and there was just some sort of bug in the reported status of the add-on.

@VerminousCoot  - The overview section is most accurate of what is remaining under the addon usages section.

FYI, if you are looking at the Data under the "View History Details", there is a 6-12 hour delay before those data usages are reported there.

VerminousCoot

Looking at my usage history, I think I did use up the add-on data already and there was just some sort of bug in the reported status of the add-on.

@VerminousCoot wrote:

I wish I had taken a screenshot. Shortly after I opened a support ticket, my 1GB add-on with 0.93GB remaining and 0.0% used, totally disappeared from the add-on usage section of my plan and add-ons page. 

HI @VerminousCoot   So, you don't see any usage there at all?

try to use another browser or Incognito mode and check again.  Could be cache messed up the page

VerminousCoot

I wish I had taken a screenshot. Shortly after I opened a support ticket, my 1GB add-on with 0.93GB remaining and 0.0% used, totally disappeared from the add-on usage section of my plan and add-ons page. 

@VerminousCoot  - just confirming..are you in the USA? Roaming addons will only work whilst in in the USA, and they only last for 10 days in duration once added to your account.

The 1GB regular addon should not show .93 GB for total..unless that is the remaining balance.

Do you have a screenshot of this?

Hi @VerminousCoot   0.93 GB is more than the 24 Mb difference (1000 vs 1024 Mb).  

If you see it again next time, check your Usage history to see if there is a 70Mb used somewhere on the first day

Or open ticket with PM :

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

VerminousCoot

Cool, thanks, all. I've noticed that when I buy 1 GB of US roaming data, I get a ballance of 1 GB of US data left in my add-on usage page, but the last couple of times that I bought a 1 GB add-on of regular Canadian data I only got 0.93 GB (0.0% used) showing on my ad-on usage page.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @VerminousCoot 

Yes, 1GB is 1024MB  = 1,048,576 KB = 1,073,741,824 Bytes = 8,589,934,592 bits

🙂

JL9
Mayor / Maire

or 10 points($10) if you are on the new rewards and redeem your points.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@VerminousCoot  - you get 1024 MB for 1GB of data.

But, yes, if you want to drill down to bytes...

1,073,741,824 Bytes (B) is correct.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VerminousCoot 

1GB = 1024 MB in PM

it cost you $15  if you buy the add-ons

Need Help? Let's chat.