cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to tranfser number

gradoj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transferred my number from Rogers.  Been waiting hours and still can't receive calls number still goes to old voicemail. How long does it normally take? Thanks 

19 REPLIES 19

@gradoj wrote:

Finally got a text that port was complete and can now receive incoming calls. Took about 18 hours

@gradoj  I had said sleep on it hoping the port would complete overnightbut that wasn't going to happen if there was an error. Happy you took the advice to message the moderator. Welcome to public mobile.

gradoj

As stated solution was creating a ticket as port was never going to work without mod intervention 

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting from Freedom took 3 minutes only.

@gradoj wrote:

Finally got a text that port was complete and can now receive incoming calls. Took about 18 hours

So, what was the actual solution?  Please do not mark your own posts as solutions. They might play a role in Community reward calculations.  Consider giving the solution to the person whose answer was closest to what you needed to do to fix your number port.

mdperry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my number from Rogers when I switched a few weeks ago. It took ten mins. Once the number is transferred over, Rogers automatically closes your account with them. So no need to call Rogers. Now sometimes if you owe Rogers a money they may delay the process. I would call Rogers and see why they are not porting over the number if it hasn’t ported over within 24hours 

gradoj

Got a message from my support ticket that port was submitted with incorrect information that they fixed and then completed port 

gradoj

wingin

only few minutes for me

@gradojYou don't need to call Rogers to Cancel.. Do try the contact the Telus Port Team referenced in the post below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

redux

You may want to contact a Moderator to have them check what's happening. Might be an unfinished or stuck port. Talk to SIMon (question mark bubble in the bottom right). Use as little words as possible so it gets what you're trying to say, and you can submit a support ticket by typing in "support ticket".

A mod should get back to your between ... well, varying hours. Give them up to 48 hours minimum, though. You'll just have to be patient. For now, if you have another phone, slot that SIM in so you can still access your voicemail should anyone call.

Hope it all works out in the end!

gradoj

I left overnight but same problem...data and dialing out works but when I try and call my number I get my old Rogers voicemail.  I called Rogers to cancel and they said not to worry about cancelling cause it will happen when the number transfers. Still can't receive calls 

SGJV1

It shouldnt take long at all. I had all 4 numbers of my own transfered in few mins. I was with Bell Aliant. Be patient, as Im sure it will transfer in a timely manner. I had to turn off one of my phone to reset it and it worked immediately. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gradoj, Rogers porting takes 30 minutes almost to the second.  From my many experiences, the porting time is quick and repeatable.  One of the big pitfalls with doing a number port from Rogers is that their bill shows the account number with a bunch of dashes thrown in.  If those dashes are included in the data entry, the port will fail.  It is a big trap.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@gradojFor Rogers it should be a few hours. If you have a spare phone I suggest you keep both SIM cards active. That way if Rogers or Public Mobile need to call you regarding a stuck port, you will know.

@darlicious wrote:

Does your Rogers SIM still work? Call text data? If it's split between the two it's still porting.

Sleep on it...sometimes it takes 4 5 or 6 hours. A few other things to try if it hasn't completed by then before messaging the moderators. Try SIM in different phone...does it work. Airplane mode...for 10 or 15 minutes ....turn off mode. Does it work? If you are still stuck partially submit a ticket via Simon. What worked best for me...cause he is simple. Type in human then ignore what Simon asks and type in  I want to talk to a human. Fill out form. Write down ref # follow up with private msg to moderator. Quote ref# phone # acct pin # relevant facts of issue + account email name. Then cross fingers...touch wood...avoid black cats...walking under ladders they'll get back to you soon. If your phone comes to life...cancel ticket and message.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Does your Rogers SIM still work? Call text data? If it's split between the two it's still porting.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

SIM card in? Reboot phone. Log into your account. What does it say? What type of phone? Did you get a text from pm? Does anything work? Data text call? Should work within minutes but up to 2 hours with Rogers or other carriers than telus..?

Need Help? Let's chat.