cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a referral take to show up on your account?

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just activated my wife's account, used my referral code at sign up, but don't see anything on my account about the referral.

Did not receive a text or anything about the referral.  I understand it can take up to 72 hrs, but I would think I would have gotten some kind of notification about the referral, right?

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @kcorscadden 

where you see the referrals?  is it under the referral page on My Account about you have 2 out of 5 referrals to get the iphone draw?

mind to post a screenshot?

kcorscadden

@hTideGnow I am not talking about who referred me using their referral code.  I am speaking about who I referred not showing.

So what happened is that my wife and I both came over from Koodo.  I activated my line first, used a referral code.  Then when I activated my wife's line last night, used my referral code.  Didn't receive a text msg or cha-ching notification, thus this thread.  I checked about 20 mins ago, shows the referral, but not who I referred aka my wife.  Is that normal?

HI @kcorscadden 

so, you are the one who just joined?  then yes, you will see your $10 in Available fund. But it won't show you who referred you

kcorscadden

@hTideGnow No, just signed up yesterday 

HI @kcorscadden 

are you on legacy rewards system?

kcorscadden

The referral has shown up, so yay

Weird that it doesn't show you who you referred though, or at least I am not seeing it.

kcorscadden

@Jedi1 Only signed up both accounts yesterday.  Used a friends referral link when I did my account, then used mine when I did my wife's account.

@MohammadShaikh @Bigdim411 Ya, I'll wait 72 hrs and then contact support to inquire

Bigdim411
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like other posters it can take up to 72 hours but for sure you will see on next billing date. And you can keep track of referral credits on the app. 

MohammadShaikh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took longer than 72 hours for the referral to be reflected in my account. Rest assured, the $10 credit will reflect on your next billing cycle.  Once you send a referral and they receive the message and use that activation, consider the referral complete even though it might show in a few days. 

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you on the old rewards or on points.  With points, the person referring will not see them until the plan renewal.  I never got the cha ching on two of mine when I set up family members but it did go through.  Maybe see what happens the next couple days.  

@kcorscadden 

That is strange. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for a reply from an agent.😢

kcorscadden

@BKNS27 Nope, didnt receive a text or cha-ching

@kcorscadden 

There should have been a text sent to you indicating “Cha-ching! You just added to your Refer a Friend Reward-way to go! Keep referring to earn more. View your Reward account”.

The $10 credit will be added in 72 hours and you will receive 1 point/month in your account in a few days.

kcorscadden

@OlivierR Alright, I'll just wait and see and then contact support if it doesn't show up.  I know I entered in the right spot, so it should have took.

OlivierR

Well if you entered the referal code and the rewards points doesnt show up in 72hours you can try to contact customer support to see what's going on and fix it for you You will havr to create a ticket by using the chat bot, write "create ticket", anwser the follinw question and it will create one here's the link https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html?lang=fr

kcorscadden

@Sansan About 30m to an hr ago

When did you do it? As long as you entered the code correctly it will be done. You can log out wait and hour and log back in. But if nothing showing that's normal so give it a few days. She can then submit the ticket through the chatbot. 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2OhrPakuMpNZt4irir5...

kcorscadden

@Sansan I guess I'll just need to wait and see then as I haven't received any notifications at all.  No email or cha-ching message

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

It can be same day or up to 72 hours. There is usually a cha ching message sent.

After 3 days if you don't get the $1 and she doesn't get the $10 added to the account you can submit a ticket through the chatbot. 

The money will show up as available funds.

kcorscadden

@OlivierR 

Ya it's not showing anything under rewards at all, thus the post.  Idk if I didn't do it right or what happened.

OlivierR

It can take up to 72 hours, you wont get any notification but you can go in your account an look under My rewards you should be able to see your referal points there

Need Help? Let's chat.