cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long are we supposed to be kept logged in?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have noticed that I have to relogin to the community, on a daily basis or sometimes after closing my browser,  ( I check the keep me logged in button).  

Was wondering if anyone else has this issue?  running windows 10 and chrome.  Anyone know  How long are we supposed to be kept logged in?  

8 REPLIES 8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No such problems here.  I use chrome and dolphin on the phone, seamonkey and firefox on the PC.  In all cases, I accept cookies and saving password.  Anytime I go to the forum, I am logged in.  That said, there could be some glitches in this portal that is causing certain accounts to be logged off.  RFD which I am a member of had major issues with logins about a month ago.  Never mind losing the ability to stay logged in, it would not even allow a manual login.  After some failed attempts, a password reset was recommended and the reset would not work.  It turned out to be a server issue. 

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

are your cookies set to auto clear? 

if so disable that and you shouldnt have a problem

I usually have to login again when I get on a different wifi network. If I stay on the same wifi then I stay logged in almost forever.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Yes, same issue for me every day. It's random though. When I have a tab open, and open another tab, it would log me out.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo - for me it depends on what I am using....

Chrome seems to never log me out.

My iPad needs to be logged in everytime I close the browser.

I've had it happen every few days or so. But right now it appears I can stay logged in for a decent amount of time.

I dont seem to have that issue.  I usually stay logged in for quite a long time.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Agreed same issue here its different on different times sometime its always login but sometimes once you close the browser and go back its ask again for password n u user even though I did click on remember which is annoying sometimes
I m on android regular browser like now I m been logged in from last 2 days without bothered asking login again but 2 days ago I probably logged in 10 times in 10 hours I think it's different all the time no timeframe I guess
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.