How do i activate my new sim card and keep the same public mobile phone number

Ddaryl008
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

11 REPLIES 11

@tmugarisanwa 

Just log in and click change sim card 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

@tmugarisanwa wrote:

i lost my phone so i want to activate my new sim card with the same existing phone number from the phone that i lost 

thank you 

Thanks for clearing up. When you say activate, it sounded like a new account. Don't activate it. Go to your account and just change the sim. Look at the picture that jb456 showed.

tmugarisanwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

and yes it is still very active 

tmugarisanwa

i lost my phone so i want to activate my new sim card with the same existing phone number from the phone that i lost 

thank you 

@tmugarisanwa  You'll need to give us some more information of what is happening. You responded to a very old thread.

What is going on with your account?

Do you have an active account? 

Normally if someone needs to change a sim card for whatever reason (lost phone, sim jacked, broken sim, etc,) they DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. they log into their account and simply click change sim card. Green Arrow.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

But we have no idea what you exactly need to do as you have not really supplied details.

Did you have an account in past and you let it go to suspended status for non payment? Accounts like that are closed and deleted if not reactivated at 90 days mark.  Now if that is the case you have to activate a new sim and you'd get a new account and new number. 

To be certain. Just reply with more details on exactly what is going on with your situation (don't post personal info) and don't do anything until we respond.

Thanks!

@tmugarisanwa wrote:

after that do i activate the sim card to get the same phone number after entering my new  sim card number 

New customer or existing customer? If you're an existing customer, go into your account to change the sim card number.  If you're not a customer yet, you go to activate.publicmobile.ca and you can port in number from from other carriers.

tmugarisanwa

after that do i activate the sim card to get the same phone number after entering my new  sim card number 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Ddaryl008 hi if you had an old pm number and your account was suspended 90 days or older you cannot get your old number back sorry if it's just a sim change then follow above suggestions

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ddaryl008  Access your selfserve account and on the landing page select the change SIM card option.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ddaryl008  If you mean you have a new SIM, then just log into your self serve account and select Plans/Add-ons tab, then select Change SIM option and input the info for the new SIM.  Your number and account are not affected by replacing the SIM in your account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ddaryl008 change your SIM from within your self service account.  See screenshot below.

20200325_014121.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.