cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer my number, please help

TomF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just signed up, paid 55/mo for 3 months and 10 for sim, plus tax.

how to I give them my number for my new sim?

creating a ticket won’t work, chat is closed, and pm address I found in support doesn’t work 

Please help

8 REPLIES 8

TomF

Thank you !

😊

@TomF Yes, Telus sim cannot be used on PM.  You need a brand new PM sim card for activation

It's probably too late now, you should have picked to get the sim in person.  Sim delivery from PM could take anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks 😞

Once you get the sim, login My Account again to complete the activation.  Again, you can pick to bring in your number (Porting) at that time.  

Let us know how it goes 

TomF

It won’t let me activate with my existing Telus Sim. So I bought a new sim. There was no option to put in my number, nor did it tell me when or how to transfer/port my number.

It says the new sim will arrive in about 5 days.

@TomF so, you haven't fully activated yet?  

If so, at that step, you will select Bring in your number.  Then enter your account number from the old provider. 

Once you passed that step and completed  the activation,  have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

After replied yes, you can put your PM sim card back  in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

TomF

Ok, thank you, I’ll wait till my new

SIM card arrives 

thank you

@TomF   during activation, it will ask you if you want to bring in your number or if you want to pick a new number

which choice did you pick?

TomF

I can’t get to my profile, it wants me to activate first.

so, do I need to wait till they send me a wrong number before I can port my existing number?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TomF   So, you just joined PM and picked a new number when you activated?

now you want to transfer your number from your old provider?

Make sure the account on the old provider is active.  Get the acount number from the old provider

Then login PM My Account, go to Profile page and click Transfer phone number

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number

Follow the steps to enter the information for your number from the old provider

once the transfer request is submitted,   Please have the old provider sim card in your phone.  Your old provider will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card back  in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.