cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I refund a new plan?

maren2kool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I just got new plan yesterday and was very excited to use the service but my phone is telling me "mobile network not available". I am located in oshawa, on, l1g 0c6. 

Bottomline is that I need phone service to use today so i'm forced to go out and get a phone plan at the mall right now. I paid for 1 month subscription, how do i get refund?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

maren2kool

I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave support to this issue.

I got in contact with the mods through private messaging. I did not ever get the phone to work. they issued me a refund.

Thanks Everyone 🙂

@wetcoaster wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@maren2kool wrote:

I used my phone in st.vincent and grenada - caribbean countries.

I am on my phone so not sure how it looks on a computer but this phone isn't 100% compatible you might be in an area that doesn't have the right bands .https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/EzWCL/samsung-sm-g900v-galaxy-s5-lte-a-samsung-...

@ShawnC13

Also on my phone, so same limitation.... However, your link suggests that the phone should work on 3G bands for talk and text, and B4 is available for LTE.

I swiped through the ads and missed the part above it.  I thought there was only one chart.  Thanks for pointing that out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@maren2kool wrote:

I am on my phone so not sure how it looks on a computer but this phone isn't 100% compatible you might be in an area that doesn't have the right bands .https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/EzWCL/samsung-sm-g900v-galaxy-s5-lte-a-samsung-...

@ShawnC13

Also on my phone, so same limitation.... However, your link suggests that the phone should work on 3G bands for talk and text, and B4 is available for LTE.

@maren2kool wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@maren2kool wrote:

whats the lost/stolen trick?

Go into self serve, report the phone as lost, turn phone off, wait 10minutes or so, go back and report phone as found, turn phone back on.

@maren2kool wrote:

specific model is:  sm-g900v

i just checked networks and my network was set to global. So i did a scan and telus, rogers, bell and home came up. I tried connecting to home and telus to see what would happen but it did not connect.

Since it seems to detect Canadian frequencies... What happens if you choose Telus? (That's the network Public Mobile is running on)

Have you tried a network reset? (Factory reset after backing up all your stuff would be a last resort.)

Oh, and, does your self serve account show all the proper information? You could also try the lost/found procedure to to reset that side of the equation.

maren2kool

whats the lost/stolen trick?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maren2kool wrote:

i just checked networks and my network was set to global. So i did a scan and telus, rogers, bell and home came up. I tried connecting to home and telus to see what would happen but it did not connect.

This site has some information for those that can remember PM frequencies before I go looking.

Edit: It seems to me that the phone *should* work. Interesting that you can't scan and find PM. Maybe the SIM number wasn't typed in correctly? Maybe the lost/stolen trick might re-activate?

maren2kool

maren2kool

@maren2kool wrote:

I have a samsung s5. i did an imei# check and system said my phone is compatible. I just moved to canada with my own unlocked phone so i got a new phone number from public mobile yesterday. no porting.

I could only find the s5610 & s5611 listed in will my phone work and neither will work on PM. Hopefully you will have a sub model not listed do you know exactly the full model number

@Chanah wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but check your APN settings. You can find the public mobile ones here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

That won't help connection to the cellular network for the phone.  @maren2kool what countries did you use your phone in before?  I am wondering if it has the right Network bands for Canada

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't know if this will help, but check your APN settings. You can find the public mobile ones here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maren2kool wrote:

yes, i have had prepaid service in 2 different countries before coming to canada.

Not quite what I asked but ok. Is your phone network settings set to auto or is it set to some other carrier?

Which specific model of the S5 is it?

maren2kool

I have never had service in canada but i have had prepaid service in 2 different countries before coming to canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maren2kool wrote:

I just checked willmyphonework.net but my phone model isn't in the list.

Did you have service somewhere else in Canada before coming here?

maren2kool

I've used multiple sim cards in this phone before so it's not locked.

maren2kool

I just checked willmyphonework.net but my phone model isn't in the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maren2kool wrote:

I have a samsung s5. i did an imei# check and system said my phone is compatible. I just moved to canada with my own unlocked phone so i got a new phone number from public mobile yesterday. no porting.

Did you check willmyphonework.net?

Samsung are notorious for locking to the first SIM inserted. Maybe it's actually locked. They have a very helpful unlock service.

maren2kool

WOW! Smiley Sad

Lesson learned.

Thanks for your response.

rborduas

Hi, sorry no refund on prepaid plan, i don't think it's a network problem in this area, maybe your phone ?

maren2kool

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maren2kool wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just got new plan yesterday and was very excited to use the service but my phone is telling me "mobile network not available". I am located in oshawa, on, l1g 0c6. 

Bottomline is that I need phone service to use today so i'm forced to go out and get a phone plan at the mall right now. I paid for 1 month subscription, how do i get refund?

Thanks

What make and complete model is your phone?

Did you port a number over or select a new number from here?

Need Help? Let's chat.