cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I log a ticket to speak with a Customer Support Agent?

Shannon8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

* I can no longer access my account - has it been deactivated?

* My Visa expires the end of June; I need to access my account to update my card info

* After going in circles with the Public Mobile chatbot, I though I should probably just create a new account with my new email and Visa info.  Problem is, the website is saying my SIM Card number is "invalid" when I've confirmed I entered it correctly.

13 REPLIES 13

Shannon8

Thank you again!  That's encouraging.  

You've been wonderful, btw.  Really appreciate all the support.

It's definitely not you. It's this ridiculously convoluted new system. And slooooow.

@Shannon8 no worry, you are probably just one step away.  Please open ticket with support and they will help to link your My Account to your current login.

Message them here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Shannon8

Thanks again dust2dust.  I did indeed try the forget password and sent it to my phone number.  I was able to update my email address, but that was a mistake as it immediately took me back to the screen where I was stuck at when I thought I needed to open a new account under my new email account.  When I say, yes, I already have a SIM card, it won't accept my SIM card number as valid.  Presumably, because my SIM is already associated with the original email.  So... I can't actually log in to my account under my current email... and I can't exit the sign-up for a new subscription process either.

It must take a special talent to get myself so thoroughly locked out of my account!

Sorry about the misunderstanding of you not having email. Did you try the forget password and send it to your phone number?

Your advantage here is that your services are working to get these texts.

And you can renew the plan with vouchers or real time payments if you're still struggling to give yourself more time.

Shannon8

Thanks SoftTech.  I verified that my account was (and is!) still active; I just can't login.  I tried using my old email (the one that was registered to my PM account) and my current password (it's written down, and not forgotten), but it didn't work.  I've spent a lot of time going in circles on this website, and trying different things.  I really appreciate all the community efforts to help me problem solve.  At this point, I think I'll switch to another service provider.  

@Shannon8 wrote:

Thanks dust2dust.  The problem is that my registered email address was cancelled in Dec, so anything sent by Public Mobile will go to an email account that no longer exists.

I can probably call in payments each month (or use payment vouchers), 

@Shannon8 

you have other choices, you can ask PM support to change your email address

Do you remember the password to login ?  if you do , AFTER you use voucher to resume your services, you can in fact login with the OLD email address, use the correct password and have the 2FA sent to your phone.  Then you can change the email address from My Account

Even you don't remember the password, just open ticket by messaging support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Shannon8

Thanks dust2dust.  The problem is that my registered email address was cancelled in Dec, so anything sent by Public Mobile will go to an email account that no longer exists.

I can probably call in payments each month (or use payment vouchers), or switch to another service provider.

Thanks for reaching out and offering help; I really appreciate it.

Shannon8

Good idea.  Thanks

@Shannon8 

for now, go to Shell or London Drugs and get enuff payment vouchers to renew your account for 30 days. Dial 611 to add them to your account. Then you'll have 30 days to figure out how to navigate through the new and improved PM website, to update your payment card.

Neither of those numbers will get you to a human.

Can you try the forgot email function. Enter your number and it should send you something. Then that's your email address to log in with.

Adding - my test ended up in spam. Look there too. It will send to the registered email address. Hopefully you have access to it.

Shannon8

Thanks for your quick reply!  

I found that my account is active, but it won't be for long once the Visa associated with my account expires Jun 30/23.  At this point, I'm going in circles as I can't figure out why I can't log in.  The email associated with my account has been cancelled, so I'm unable to receive password reset info.  

The 1-855-4pu-blic number confirms the same information, but doesn't allow an option to speak with a person.
Is anyone actually able to go in and update client account info?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

To know if it's been deactivated (suspended), dial 611. Does it give you a renewal date and balance? It's active. If it says you're suspended then you need to make a payment. If it doesn't work at all then from another phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and see if it can find your account.

Don't be trying to sign up a new account. It doesn't work that way. As you found out.

Need Help? Let's chat.