cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a refund for an add on? I bought it for the US and it didn't even work

Kfortin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

@Kfortin  The description of the add on said it would work in Mexico

Could you have been looking at the international long distance add-on, which does say Mexico?  It's for making voice calls from Canada to other countries.

@Kfortin wrote:

I was in mexico. I tried everything and nothing worked....the US roaming for data is why I really wanted the add on. Didn't work. The description of the add on said it would work in Mexico. 

@Kfortin 

The fine print does not include Mexico roaming.  

You made a mistake unfortunately.  Hopefully, an understanding CSA will be able to credit your add on. 

For future reference, Public mobile does not offer any international country roaming service (except for USA only).  

@Kfortin wrote:

I was in mexico. I tried everything and nothing worked....the US roaming for data is why I really wanted the add on. Didn't work. The description of the add on said it would work in Mexico. 

There's the problem...the 15 Day US Roaming add-ons will ONLY work whilst in US. Public Mobile has no add-on for use in Mexico.

HI @Kfortin 

no, the US roaming is only for used in US, not for Mexico.  I don't see any description about Mexico for US roaming, you might got that mixed up.

But yes, support agent will usually refund, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Kfortin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kfortin 

for future reference, can you give us a brief rundown of the add-on you purchased and what didn't work for you while in US. Which state were you visiting ? What make / model phone ? Do you know if the phone is volte enabled ? You should have been able to receive texts while in US...even w/o the add-on. If you had trouble with the talk portion, did you try both AT&T and T-Mobile as they are the only 2 networks that may work.

Jani-slade

Did you try contacting customer service and explain that the add on didn’t work. May be eligible for refund. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kfortin 

PM agent might be able to reverse the transaction and leave the funds back in your account for future use, please open ticket with them by direct message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You would have to contact agent and explain why do you request refund.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Need Help? Let's chat.