cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my plan?

emloughl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm porting over to Rogers (getting way cheaper deal for more than double the data as my current PM plan...)

This post: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/change-your-plan
says that I can cancel following those instructions. I did so but there is nowhere I can see that says "cancel" anywhere. I did a CTRL+F on every page. Nada.

I've removed my credit card information.

So, so janky... Please cancel my membership / delete my account following the end of my currently paid service. OR refund me the remaining balance once my account is transfered.

13 REPLIES 13

affected.. why put me on the spotlight..lol
I always say PM is not for everyone..some like it.. but some HATE it..its a little bit of work and understanding to get a good service.. However, for the low ends plans, it is the cheapest when you factor in the rewards.. even just with Autopay reward. (but for high end plans.. shop elsewhere...)

as to canceling the plan, that's is actually the easiest 🙂 you just don't need to pay and no one will bother you.. (all prepaid service providers are like that)

emloughl

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize PM was a weird cult and that apostasy was forbidden...

I told you - I've had several problems (needing to ask the public forums to find out how to cancel, for example). Not all of them are posted publicly. But primarily, the service, price, and offer is better at Rogers. I find it very strange how affected some of you seem to be...

@Yummy wrote:

@emloughl wrote:

Great, thanks! 🙂
Looking forward to finally getting away from Public Mobile.

Why? What went wrong for you with PM?

Good question Yum...the only interaction OP had (that I could find) was a couple of years ago, they had issue with data not working; but never heard any update after that. OP has gone and left the building ....*poof*

@emloughl wrote:

Great, thanks! 🙂

Why? What went wrong for you with PM?

But before you post, remove your credit card and remove autopay. Porting will close your account permanently but sometimes phantom charges might appear on your CC.

@emloughl wrote:

Anyways buh-bye. 

No problem. We'll be here when you get back.   😎

emloughl

It's personally been extraordinarily frustrating, and I've had countless problems that are not even worth getting into here.

My current plan is also $55/month for 2GB, whereas I'm paying $39/month for 5 GB at Rogers.

"Life" is a weird term to use. It's a phone contract...

Anyways buh-bye. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

Exit interview...

you make me laugh!!! 🤣

@emloughl wrote:

Great, thanks! 🙂

Exit interview...why you leaving with bad feelings. What went so wrong ?

@emloughl wrote:

Great, thanks! 🙂

It's that bad?  Anyway, hope you have new "life" with Rogers  🙂

emloughl

Great, thanks! 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@emloughl    If you've ported out your number, your account is automatically deactivated.  Since you've also removed the payment card, your account will deactivate without payment after 90 days.

So nothing more to do, as you're officially done with PM. 😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@emloughl   Since you are porting your number to Rogers.  You don't need to do anything.  Just make sure your account is active.

you might want to logon to My Account and just remove the credit card from the system.  And don't need to do more

Once account is ported to Rogers, your PM account will be closed.  You can confirm that by trying to logon to My Account again after the number is ported, at that time, your won't be able to logon to My Account anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.