cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my account?

takana13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering what's the best way to cancel my plan/account. I had bought a new sim and subscribed a monthly plan for my in-laws who came to visit temporarily. Now that they have left the country, I've no use for this number and will need to deactivate the service.

I've logged into my public mobile account on chrome browser but I don't see anywhere that allows me to cancel the plan or even remove the credit card associated to my account?

The chatbot isn't really helpful. It gives me a link to create a service ticket, but clicking on the link gives me a page that shows

OOPS! WE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST.

The chatbot also says that I can contact Customer Support Agents but doesn't provide a phone number. The only method seems to be to send a private message to @CS_Agent. Are there seriously no other methods that are more direct?

3 REPLIES 3

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@takana13  If you don’t want to keep number and port it out . You can turn off auto pay (subscribe) or get support to remove the credit card info on the account right away 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1693001685501.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

and for support to remove credit card info right away 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @takana13 

if you know the account pin, call *611 from the phone or use 1-855-4PUBLIC to disable Autopay

or you can go to My Account, Payment, Manage Subscription and disale Subscribed there

Then your account will be suspended the end of the cycle and it will be closed formally after 90 days

Need Help? Let's chat.