cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I apply the available funds to my bill?

chansimons2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a $10 discount due to being referred. I see My Upcoming Bill thinking I will be charged 5.25, but my credit card bill says 15.75. How do get that to actually apply?

chansimons2007_0-1676675706959.png

11 REPLIES 11

@chansimons2007 

If you learned a lot on common issues, you can participate on this Community to earn additional points to lower your monthly bill even more.

15 points = $15 credit off your bill.

Welcome to PM!

chansimons2007

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'll get use to Public Mobile after a few months. Learning lots from Community so far.

chansimons2007

Ok, thank you for the explanation. That helps me understand the billing.

chansimons2007

Ok, the explains it. Thank you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007 

You will be charged $15 plus taxes on your first bill and $5 ($15-$10) plus taxes on your second month’s bill.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Any credits are applied automatically - you do not have to do anything.

As you can see you will be charged $5.25 in MARCH

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007 

You activated on February 5th, correct?   

You posted a prior thread with the image of being charged $15 (+tax) on that date.

30 days from the activation date is March 7th, that's when you have your 1st renewal. 

Make sure you're either on auto-pay -OR- you have the necessary funds loaded on the account prior to then.  You'll then notice any amounts shown in your Available Funds will apply against the plan renewal value, and the remaining will be taken from the payment card (or other funds you may load manually on the account between now and then if not going on auto-pay)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chansimons2007 you don't need to do anything , it will be applied automatically.   As you see in your upcoming bill, yiu only need to pay $5+ tax on your next renewal.  If you are manually topping up, just top up $5 and PM will add tax on top.  If yiu are on Pre-authorized payments, then you don't need to do anything.  The system will get the correct amount from your CC 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

We all pay the full shot up front to start. What you're seeing there is correct.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007 - so you are on autopay right?

Was $15.75 the activation charge? Because all plans get charged the full amount and taxes upon activation as this is a prepaid service.

If this is your 2nd renewal, then the autopay should only charge $5.25 when they take the funds from your account.

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized/Approved charges (edit to add and clarify on your after your 2nd renewal) and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact Public Mobile Customer Support Representatives (CSA).

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chansimons2007  It will apply on march 7your renewal 

Need Help? Let's chat.