cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i file a complain to the new point award policy?

Shayne_Cai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Loyalty Disrespected: A Critique of PM's "Point Reward" Policy

In an era where customer loyalty is highly valued, it's disheartening to witness companies implement policies that seem to disregard the dedication of their most loyal patrons. Such is the case with PM's current "Point Reward" policy, which has left many faithful customers feeling undervalued and unappreciated.

For years, customers have invested their time, trust, and resources into PM, believing that their loyalty would be reciprocated in meaningful ways. However, the recent implementation of the "Point Reward" policy has shattered those expectations, replacing genuine appreciation with what can only be described as a mere token gesture.

The premise of the "Point Reward" policy appears promising at first glance – earn points for every transaction and redeem them for rewards. Yet, upon closer inspection, it becomes apparent that the rewards offered are paltry compared to the loyalty demonstrated by customers over the years. What was once a relationship built on mutual respect and trust has been reduced to a transactional exchange, where loyalty is measured in points rather than genuine appreciation.

Furthermore, the earning and redemption criteria for these points are often convoluted and arbitrary, leaving customers feeling frustrated and confused. Instead of feeling rewarded for their loyalty, they are left questioning whether their continued support is truly valued by PM.

It's important for companies to recognize that loyalty is not simply a transactional arrangement but a deeply rooted bond between customer and brand. Customers who choose to remain loyal do so because they believe in the company's values, products, and services. They deserve to be acknowledged and rewarded in a manner that reflects their commitment.

PM must reevaluate its "Point Reward" policy and consider alternative approaches that prioritize genuine appreciation for loyal customers. Whether through exclusive perks, personalized experiences, or meaningful rewards, the focus should be on fostering a sense of belonging and gratitude within the customer base.

In conclusion, PM's current "Point Reward" policy falls short of honoring the loyalty of its customers and instead comes across as an insult to their dedication. It's time for PM to listen to the voices of its loyal patrons and make meaningful changes that reflect their true value to the company. After all, loyalty should never be taken for granted – it should be cherished, celebrated, and reciprocated in kind.

19 REPLIES 19

Melarnos1

I totally agree with you Shayne_Cai. Public Mobile definitely lost points here. It's an insult to loyal customers. A disgusting move by PM.

Alex111R
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do not worry about that  @hTideGnow 
If you have a relevant answer to the question you may, leave a response. I have used network carries in different countries and you sould have more of a world view honestly. I think this is enough for your basic comment.

hi @Alex111R 

if you think rewards plan change is dishonesty, you might have to keep changing mobile carrier.  All carrier will change different plans that you like.  

Important thing is you need to understand you agreed on those terms when you joined.

Alex111R

Guys, what are some good mobile plans you know? I'm gonna leave Public Mobile for their dishonesty and how they treat customers who've been with them for years.

Leavin

First contact Public Mobile then file your complaints with CCTS at this Link.

Contact CRTC and to any more regulators that are available. Tell your friends and family about how Public Mobile betrayed their customers and switch!

Tk10

I have been a loyal customer for years. The switch in points leaves me with an increased bill of $8 a month. That is almost $100 a year more on my phone bill as well as my husband's that's 200 dollars more a year. More than dissatisfied!!! 

Alfonzo2

They don't care and their system of handling customers shows that.

Just awful!

Alfonzo2

Extremely clumsy and terribly awful!

Alfonzo2

They are awful!

Woomera01

The new points system is ' clumsy ' ...having to log in to redeem , HOWEVER , legacy users SHOULD have been able to keep the same level of benefits ...and that certainly hasn't happened ...not happy

Lisa20

Back in 2018 customers complained to media and CCTS .. It stopped them from changing plan rates for long term customers. They tried to get subscribers to transfer to Koodo to avoid paying the new higher price. It was their way of trying to get rid of loyalty rewards and charge more. I'm not sure how many customers have been around that long or interested in bothering to take it to CCTS or media. Might be worth a shot.

MS777

I am also not happy with PMs new reward system. If the issues is the total amount paid monthly consider reviewing your monthly (data, LD, etc.) usage and changing your plan to a lower one if that is an option for you.

MS777

I agree with you in that the rewards in the olds system is automatically applied for your next bill and with the new system, one has to actually "shop" for how you want to "spend" the Public Points. It makes it double the work if I'm also paying for another family member and I don't necessarily log on to their PM account to "spend" their Public Points. The points equivalent is not equal to the savings from the previous rewards system. I'm disappointed that PM changed their reward system to this!

eggsbrown

My monthly bill just increased by 25% between April and May 2024 because of this change to their "rewards" system. The old system was basically cash in hand. Now I get some points that may or may not actually be worth something real to me -- I don't have the time to figure it out and I really don't want to -- I want a simple option to automatically apply my rewards to my bill on a monthly basis but seems like we need to arbitrarily have 15 points in order to do that. 

wg007again

Fully agree, not happy with the new rewards system and am thinking of leaving PM. Glad to hear others are on the same page.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Jess31 wrote:

I am sure somewhere in the fine print it says "we reserve the right to change or modify the rewards program". So most likely it is in with their right to change it.

I am sure they would have known some people would leave when the made the switch, so they probably do no care.

Exactly.

You can complain as much as you want but ALL companies have small print saying something like 'we can change reward programs as we like and whenever we like'.

Old rewards are Gone and enjoy Points while THEY last.

anotheran

A rewards program reduction won't get any government attention. Gotta vote with your wallet like the current loblaws boycott 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Shayne_Cai first you voice your objections to Public Mobile directly,  unfortunately they don't read these messages.  Just us customers.  Then you contact the CCTS if you want to formally complain. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Shayne_Cai 

i don't think that the complain your get you back the old rewards system.

Many did and they all not aware PM has the right to do so.  

Some thought they got good news, but it is not that their complain won back the old rewards system, all they achieved was PM has to give them another 30 days notice before migration.

if you don't mind to try again, possibly wasting time, you can check the main thread, many share how to make complain :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Need Help? Let's chat.