cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a new plan that is available only for new customer?

marek65465
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
I want a plan that is available only to new customers. If I cancel my current subscription, will I be able to get the new plan? I can't be the only who find these new customer only deals extremely annoying.

With the new points system there is really no reason to stay with my current plan.

8 REPLIES 8

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

30GB is too much.  1GB would be the bare minimum. 3GB is better. 5-10GB would be perfect.

@funpig1   The new $19 with 1GB data wouldn't be enough data for you?

funpig1

I was able to do this with cs_agent assistance back in January.  The agent told me tst the new activation only plan had to be more expensive than my old plan. I went from a $25 3G plan a $29 4G 30 GB Boxing Day new activation only plan. It took less than a day for the agent to respond and to make the switch. 

I am trying to do the same with switching from the $15 plan to the $21 new activation plan. I put in a request last Thursday. 7 days have passed and there has been absolutely no response. The agents are all busy dealing with complaints about the loss of legacy rewards and bonus data etc.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@marek65465   There is a new plan for existing customers, $19 for 1GB, if that's of any interest

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-19-1GB-and-29-10GB-in-my-account/td-p... 

AK32

I was able to get a new customer only plan added to my account, i will share how i got it but it is no guarantee:

I politely messaged a customer service agent on here, and told them i was interested in the plan because i wasnt happy with the current plan price i had. They told me it was only for new customers. I told them i was going to have to change providers then and after a little back and forth, they applied the new customer deal for me. They dont have to, and it is up to their discretion, but it doesnt hurt to (politely) ask and explain to them why you want it.

turtleTurtle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They change the plans so frequently, might be in your interest to wait and see. Sometimes they eventually open them to everyone.

If you want to keep your number you will have to port out and back in.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@marek65465 you can ask PM directly through the chatbot but very unlikely that they will approve it, especially if you are downgrading. 

Canceling and coming back as a new client would cause you to lose your phone number and any tenure.

You would need new email address new phone number... don't know if it's worth it. 

It's not pleasant for sure.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marek65465 

unless you are willing to port out the number and port back in, you really cannot get the new activation plan

but sometimes, PM will let everyone get the plan after awhile

also, some had success asking agent for an exemption, maybe you can try

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.