cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable voicemail function?

Nickbest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t need voicemail function, it eats my limited call miniutes when I miss calls that go to voicemails. 

9 REPLIES 9

Because this seems unlikely to all of us, are you looking at the counter on the overview landing page? Click the little spinner refresh icon underneath, have someone call you and let it go to voicemail, they hang up, wait a moment, click that spinner again - does the number of minutes change?
We are not talking about the usage details. Just that first page that shows the basic usage.

@Nickbest  as said, they shouldn't be counted.  So, you really need to open ticket with support and work with them and hope they can find out where the problem lies

Nickbest

two people were right beside me to call my number to test, it went to voicemail, I didn't check it. two mins were towards 100 mins

@Nickbest 

if 2 people called you, and it went to your voice message, how do you know they hung up unless you called to check your voice mail?

That call to check your voicemail counts toward your outgoing calls. 

The caller going to your voicemail is forwarded through Public Mobile’s voicemail system, and does not count toward your outgoing minute allotment.

@Nickbest it shouldn't, but you can open ticket with support and test with them together

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Nickbest

two people called me and I missed the calls, it went to voicemail directly, they hanged up, two mins were taken away from my 100 mins.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Nickbest wrote:

I don’t need voicemail function, it eats my limited call miniutes when I miss calls that go to voicemails. 

@Nickbest , in case you decide to keep your voicemail, I downloaded the TextNow app & make calls for free to check my Public Mobile voicemail along with other free calls.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nickbest 

you can’t disable voicemail, however, you can set an extended absence and it will prevent folks from leaving messages

You can also check your voice messages which you miss from another device by calling your own phone number, and then not answering it of course, then pressing the star key and entering your voicemail password

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nickbest calls routed to your VM won't use your minutes, it will show on your usage log but it won't be counted against your minutes bucket 

VM will only eat up your minutes if you use your own phone to check VM. SO, use a landline or another phone to retrieve VM

Need Help? Let's chat.