cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my cellphone number?

Kimmis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m using my number but I would like to use another number that is used before. 

do you have an any idea? 

5 REPLIES 5

Indeed, @JonathanEllis , changing one's number is easy.

However not to any number.   It has to be within the 'family' of numbers TELUS uses and not a currently used number assigned to another customer.

So getting a specific number is practically impossible, unless it's a number one already has registered with an active service with another provider which can be ported over here to Public Mobile.

JonathanEllis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You login on your desktop browser or put your phone browser mode click on your profile then the pencil icon you should be able to change your number and within 30 days after activation four times that’s what it says for me , respond if you need more assistance 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kimmis   to port number into PM?  you can go to My Account, and go to Profile and click Transfer number to port your number into PM.  The number to be ported into PM must be active with another carrier

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kimmis  the number you "used before" , what you meant by that?

If it is an active number with another provider, you can request porting the number into PM.  Just go to My Account's Profile page, click Transfer number

But if it was just a number you used before and you cancelled that account, then it depends
If the number you want to get back was originally from another provider and you just ported into PM, then PM support would not be able to assign you back the number.  The number would have been back to the original provider where you got it from in the beginning.   

However, if the number you want back was from PM/Koodo/Telus originally, then there is a slight chance you can get it back, given that no one has taken it yet.  You can message support and ask

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kimmis  

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1685921852970.jpeg

Add you can change your number 4x every 30 day cycle for free 

Need Help? Let's chat.