cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my billing date?

Kaye08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I understand that since this is a a pre-paid service that I cannot change my billing date.  But if I get a new sim card and activate it on a day that I prefer, will that work?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Weezie1

Thanks for clarifying that. Up until May I was being billed at the end of the month then to my surprise it became the middle of the month which is not convenient for me. I will do exactly what you suggest

Kaye08

I'm quite new to the plan so I realize that now.  Thank you!

Kaye08

I'm quite new to the plan so I realize that now.  Thank you!

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kaye08 .... Im not sure what the purpose of having it on a certain day. The plans renew every 30 day, some months have 31 days and february has less then 30, so the day will not alway fall on the same day of the month. If you change plans immediately your renwewal day changes too.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kaye08  Public Mobile plans are 30 days in duration not monthly so the renewal date will always change.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Kaye08 

Your billing date will be shifting anyways. The cycle is 30 days,Y not one month, you will slowly go through all the dates moving usually one number before every second month. You can always cut your plan short if you want to shift it couple of days before (to be in sync with another plan) but you do lose what you already paid for

If you are on autopay you can pay manually and still receive the benefit of autopay.

Just load they money manually on the date that is convenient for you

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Kaye08 

The only way to effectively change your billing date is to change your plan on the new day you want. 

edit: but after a while the day will change any way. because as mentioned they are 30 day plans not monthly. (a good way for Public to save some extra money 🙂 

So if you want your billing date to be the 27th for example. First you need to top up your account to amount of the plan you would like to change it to or the current value of your current plan.

You  then would go into change plan from your self serve on the 27th. Then select the plan. You can even select the current plan you have. Then select change immediately. 

Now note that plans will not credit you for the days you did not use. The new plan is not retroactive. It starts immediatley on thw new day you have chosen and that will be your new bill date. 

If you are in a grandfathered plan take note you may not be able to go back. If you had special bonus offers make sure you will not lose those either by changing plans. 

Have a good evening!

Screenshot_20200503_235344.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_235019_com.brave.browser.jpg

Screenshot_20200503_235045_com.brave.browser.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kaye08 no, you will just end up with 2 plans. And since PM  works on a 30 day cycle, the date changes monthly. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.