cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I activate a new sim card without using the app

JC202
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have subscribed & put a new sim in but cannot download the app as the phone is a flip phone used for voice calls only.

How can I activate the sim without the app?

4 REPLIES 4

@HALIMACS wrote:

@computergeek541 @JC202 

I feel there should be an option for employees of Public Mobile, either through the live activation chat service or customer support agents, to assist customers who wish to activate here without the need to download the app.

Is there not an option, whatsoever, for this to occur through Public Mobile?

The live chat is largely only for asking the most basic of questions for which answers could be found in the help articles.  For anything for detailed, a customer support agent would be required.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That sucks, I was in the same position 😕  I had a friend do it for me, then when it was activated they deleted the app. Whenever I sign in now, I go online I dont use the app. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 @JC202 

I feel there should be an option for employees of Public Mobile, either through the live activation chat service or customer support agents, to assist customers who wish to activate here without the need to download the app.

Is there not an option, whatsoever, for this to occur through Public Mobile?

@JC202 wrote:

I have subscribed & put a new sim in but cannot download the app as the phone is a flip phone used for voice calls only.

How can I activate the sim without the app?

Sorry, but the app is required to complete the actrivation.  You'll need to borrow someone else's device that can run teh app.

Need Help? Let's chat.