cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot thethering not working

Evoalts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently started having hotspot ssues since yesterday, I use my Samsung device with the "60GB within Canada and the US" package mainly for data since my home network has been down recently. The data on my phone itself seems to work but when I try to connect hotspot to my laptop it will show it is connected and say "internet, secured" but nothing works as in any web page says no internet.

I have tried to reset network from my Samsung s22 5g, tried playing around with the hotspot settings, reset network adapter on my laptop, and the APN is correct and follows everything I have seen on other posts. I cannot find the root cause of the issue as I have tried everything online. (I have only used 5 GB out of 60 GB )

11 REPLIES 11

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should read the excellent "Help Articles" before commenting. It quite clearly discusses Hotspots under Device Support | Device Features | How To Setup a Mobile Hotspot.

@Evoalts PM support is looking into the issue now

mcdougal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Glad some here could solve it. Public Mobile has acknowledged they're aware and looking into it at the following post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Ongoing-Issues-with-Mobile-Hotspot/td-p...

Anthem2023

Thank you!  it worked for me.

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It was my understanding that hotspots do not work on PM. I'm not sure where I got that idea from but I "knew" that before I signed up. After I signed up I tried it anyway and could create a working hotspot, bonus! Now, I have a horrible feeling they may have "fixed" it.

leepete1

I fixed mine! I went and created a new APN same settings as factory but added Dun to internet + MMS in APN type

leepete1

I'm having the same problem today with my Samsung a71 I also tried my Samsung s8 no go.

Amped

So I was also having no Hotspot availability this morning.  I also tried to use "Tether by USB" and it too would not connect to internet.  I am currently hotspotted to my notebook as I type this.  How I got it to work was to create a new custom apn.  I basically copied all the settings from the "Mobile Internet" apn but under APN type I put: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,cbs,xcap,dun   Works perfectly now...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Evoalts 

don't make any changes to the settings in your phone just yet. Seems like there are others with similar issues today. Check back here occasionally to see if PM has any updates or Announcements about it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Evoalts 

multiple subscribers reported issues with Hotspot this morning.  Please help and open ticket with PM support so they can escalate to tech team

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Evoalts  Yes your the third post about this thisMorning seems there’s an issue with hot spotting  . Hopfully this will be resolved soon 

Need Help? Let's chat.