cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet benefits with TELUS?

santanud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does having a mobile phone connection with Public Mobile have any benefits with TELUS home internet (since they are the same network)? Are there any other home internet providers that incentivize Public Mobile users? (Asking from Calgary, Alberta).

12 REPLIES 12

santanud

Yeah, I get that. Thanks @darlicious 

santanud

That's right. It seems not worth much to migrate to Koodo from PM (to get the TELUS home internet benefit), for some meagre aggregate saving, given PM is a really great phone connection option to be traded with. Thanks @BKNS27 

santanud

Yeah, so it seems. Thanks @LeePublic 

santanud

Thanks @JK8 

I think many of those plans they are raising in price without much notice, that's why I'm back from a Koodo deal. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JL9  Yes, I wish I could travel back in time and joined PM before they offered the 8 GB for $40 Koodo migration plan, that would be a SWEET plan to have! RFD went crazy for that plan, lol.

Yeah **bleep** shame, there were some good ones that would pop up every now and then 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@santanud 

No. Although we discovered that if you have a telus cell phone originally with WiFi calling enabled you may be able to enjoy WiFi calling on your phone....even without active service. That's YMMV though.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only  your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@santanud 

Telus will only give a $10/month discount on their bundle package if you are on Telus or Koodo cell plans.

Unfortunately, not on their lower tier cell plans.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @santanud No, Telus owns PM but PM operates pretty independently 

If you have Telus at home , check with them, maybe they have some good deals.  Plans in PM is likely still cheaper   but you will enjoy a single bill and no need to worry any Autopay failure.   LoL

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even though they are a subsidiary of Telus, they tend to operate each brand separately.  Though sometimes they offer migration deals to boost ARPU, they seem to rarely do that anymore.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@santanud 

There are no other discounts with other Telus services if you are a PM customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.