cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold phone number

jindo1574
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all!

I am currently working oversea, before I left Canada, I deactivated my auto-payment system.

few days ago, Public mobile asked me to reactivate my payment and account, if I don't they will delete my phone number.

I am not sure how long I would stay overseas but I want to hold my phone number.

I can't pay full amount of money to just hold my number.

there is any way I can hold my number with reasonable way?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@jindo1574Here's the cheapest way to keep your number without having to port it to another provider. (Which is probably not feasable, since you need to be in Canada to receive a port-out confirmation sms anyway...)

1. Once your current 30 day plan expires, you can let your account sit in that "expired" state for up to 90 days past the expiry date.
  2. At about day 85 or so, topup your account balance with enough to cover the previous plan amount, and re-activate, if possible you can try to downgrade to the $15 plan,but I believe there is a quirk where you need enough balance to cover the previous plan, even though you will be renewing at the $15 plan. Remaining balance can go towards a future renewal.
  3. After this 30 day period expires, with auto-pay disabled again, you will have another 90 days (pay and renew after 85 though to be safe!)
  4. Keep repeating this, and you can essentially "keep your number" by paying $15 every 115 days or so...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jindo1574 

If your account is suspended over 90 days, your account will be permanently closed and number lost.

You can activate for another one month, then remove autopay again.  Then you have another 90 days of suspension before next payment. If you want, you can even downgrade your plan to $15 plan.  Note: if your plan is grandfathered and not available at the present time, you will not be able to switch back to your original plan. 

Here is some more information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M129086

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jindo1574 first thing you need to do before anything, change to a $15 plan and renew for 30 days.

then consider to port out the number to other VoIP provider like Fongo.  There is a $25 fee to port in and free to port out when you are ready, as long as you stayed in Fongo for over 90 days.  But you are overseas now, to port out from PM, you have too open ticket and have them to agree for a verbal approval to port out and no need for a text approval 

Need Help? Let's chat.