cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher prices

Pappy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same plan as I’ve had in the past and for no reason it went up nine dollars this month no rhyme or reason why?

13 REPLIES 13

@DonnaD16 wrote:

Ahhh, I got it now. I did change it to "on renewal" so I'm good until mid-June.  I guess I'll stick around and see how this plan works out. Another reason I was considering leaving was because of dropped calls that happen a few times a week minimum.  When speaking with co-workers who have other carriers, they say they also have dropped calls,  so I'll hang in there a bit longer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain everything to me.

Anytime you have questions, comments or suggestions, come here to the PM Community Forum...there's always someone here to help, 24/7

DonnaD16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ahhh, I got it now. I did change it to "on renewal" so I'm good until mid-June.  I guess I'll stick around and see how this plan works out. Another reason I was considering leaving was because of dropped calls that happen a few times a week minimum.  When speaking with co-workers who have other carriers, they say they also have dropped calls,  so I'll hang in there a bit longer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain everything to me.

@DonnaD16 

$19 + tax...remember to select Change at Renewal rather than Change Immediately.

added...as you've already renewed your old plan today, you don't wanna Change Immediately as you'll be charge for the new plan right away and there's no refunds here. Just select Change on Renewal and when next renewal occurs in 30 days, that new plan ($19 + tax) will be effective.

@DonnaD16   There should be two options when you select the plan, change on renewal and change now.  You select change on renewal or you'll be charged now and lose what you just paid for.

DonnaD16

I just went to change to the $19/mth plan. It appears to take it although it's asking me to pay $21.47 now? I just paid $28.25 today and they want another payment.  Am I missing something?

@DonnaD16 

not so...log in to your account on your laptop and look at Subscription and Add-ons / Change Subscrition to see the new $19 plan I'm talking about.

added..

new.png

DonnaD16

Thanks again. Since I don't want or need data, I thought I'd ck it out. It is $19/mth for 90 days then it goes up to $21/mth which is still cheaper BUT for new customers. I'm going to try it again to make sure.

@DonnaD16 

before you go...consider changing your plan to the newly offered $19 plan. You get the same features as your current plan but with 4G....and you'll save about $6 for the same as you have now with the old $25 plan. Have a look before you decide to jump.

DonnaD16

Thank you very much for the explanation. I'm too old to have to play games to save a few bucks.  I'll very likely be switching carriers in the near future.

@DonnaD16   You have to wait until you get 15 points before you can take it off your bill.  For less than 15 points you can buy discounted add ons, which may or may not be of any use to you.  But yes it takes a while to accumulate 15 points when you get 5% of your bill in points each renewal.  You might also want to log in to your account and look at some of the new reduced price subscriptions there for existing customers that aren't on the public Shop page.

DonnaD16

That's not too clear. How do you get $15 off your bill if yiu only accumulate 5% of your bill in points?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Pappy   The prices didn't go up, but if you were on the old rewards system you were changed to the new points system which no longer automatically takes off the rewards (and you lose the $2 autopay and loyalty is now 10 points a year).  You do get 5% of your bill in points though which you can apply to discounted add ons or $15 off your bill, and referrals stay the same at 1 point/$1.

Need Help? Let's chat.