cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everybody.. I am having a lot of trouble with calls just cutting out after a few minutes.

sdthenc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All of my calls are cutting off after a few minutes. At first I thought it related to my speaker on my iphone but it cuts off even if I am not using.

Does not cut calls I make over fb?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@sdthenc  You can use this test call service to call and record a message for playback, as well as start a real-time echo test. When doing this you can compare when using the phone speaker/mic, speakerphone, external wired/or wireless bluetooth headphones etc to rule out a hardware issue.

You can also test calling with LTE mode (in case your phone is using the new VoLTE feature) or when forcing your phone to 3G-only mode to see if that makes any difference as well..

Anyhow, here are the two canadian numbers, from "The Test Call"  http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/

Toronto: +1 416 342 9562

Victoria:+1 250 412 5922

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@sdthenc 

Did the problem start after your last renewal? It could be a provisioning issue if it isn't related to the VoLTE glitchiness. You can try to reprovision on your end. Use this troubleshooting list and make a test call after each step....

1. Reboot your phone.
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove your Sim card for 10 full minutes or better yet put it in another phone and make a test call. Then reinsert your Sim card in your phone. Reboot and test.
  4. Make a manual top up payment of your plan amount or amount owing for your next renewal. The extra funds will remain in your available funds until your next renewal or used for add on purchase.
  5. If #4. does not reprovision your Sim card then your only option would be contacting customer support to reprovision the Sim card.

@sdthenc 

as suggested by @Luddite ,  it worths to try either manually doable VoLTE, if the option. is there, or change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G and it could resolve the voice cutting out issue 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Why-is-phone-cutting-out-during-conversat...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sdthenc this happened to more than one number?? just happened today or for couple days?

First to try with a reboot 

Also make sure you have the latest Carrier profile 

Try your phone at a different location as it could be just a local network issue 

if that cant resolve your problem, try to click Reset all networks, but please not that will delete your saved Wifi too and you need to join them again

And you have updated to the latest iOS?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sdthenc 

which iPhone you have?  Check if you can enable VoLTE 

and does it happen everywhere? Maybe just. a problem where you are and better if you try in another area

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sdthenc 

Are you on a minute Limited plan?

Are these incoming or outgoing calls, or a combination?

If you have unlimited calling, contact the customer support agents and ask them to reprovision your account - it may solve the issue.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.