cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping set up a phone

mikehalif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I am setting up new Samsung for a friend and would like to get it all done, so that when she arrives tomorrow, I can just put the SIM in her phone and it will all work. This phone has never been connected to a provider.

Am I  able to go through the set up process, and then put the SIM in her phone tomorrow? Or is that not acvisable

Thanks,

Mike

10 REPLIES 10

Costco Canada? If so then should be no problem.

Yes if you've logged in to your account with the app on your phone then you need to delete the app cache before trying to sign up a new account. It holds on to the previous account.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikehalif 

Just make sure you are signed out of the app, you can also clear your app and browser data to be extra safe. As long as your creating a new account and starting the process from scratch there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

@mikehalif wrote:

I already have the PM App on my personal phone and don't have her phone yet - won't until tomorrow. Do it won't matter if I activate her SIM  today using my phone? I won't mess up my own account or anything like that?

HI @mikehalif 

best to logoff your PM app first

then uninstall the PM app.  You might also want to delete browser cache..  Once all these done, reinstall and you can setup new account for your friends

Again, when all done for your friend, do the same trick to logoff/uninstall/clear browser cache, and you can reinstall and login back yourself

mikehalif

Android

mikehalif

It's a Samsung S22 -new from costco. 

Iphone or Android? The cache memory of the app may come into play if you've used the app for yourself.

mikehalif

I already have the PM App on my personal phone and don't have her phone yet - won't until tomorrow. So it won't matter if I activate her SIM  today using my phone? I won't mess up my own account or anything like that?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Physical sim? You can complete the sign up, put the sim in your phone to test and if good then you're ready. What is the exact model of that phone? Like SM-???

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikehalif 

If you aren’t porting a number and are selecting a new one I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do this as long as you have the SIM card in hand now.

I’d highly recommend doing the signup 100% through the app and testing it all works on your own device.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mikehalif 

yes, you can. 

But you need to install the PM app on your phone first, (yes, you need the app, the browser activation will go back to the app at the 2nd half).    

So, install the app, setup an account for your friend, paid, and choose physical sim card

Once done, you can test the sim.  if all working, then unisntall the app , your friend can access PM on app or browser, his choice

Make sure your friend's phone is compatible to PM

Need Help? Let's chat.