cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with new account

Noah27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just got my son signed up for an account.  It seemed to be going along okay, but after completing all the steps, the phone won't work - I get a notice that reads: "Could not lock SIM."

Can someone please help?  Sandra

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noah27 : Have we decided which exact message you're getting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noah27 

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

you did that good,,,,ok waitng for next message from Michelle,

Noah27

I was just asked by Michelle to go online and verify the account which I did.  But I now don't know how to get Michelle back.  In any case, the account has been verified if someone can help with a PUK code.

Sandra

@Noah27   There are different "PUK" and you need the unlock code from different sources:.

There is one "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." , mainly on Samsung phone asking for master code

Another one   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is for carrier unlock code

Last one is the  “PIN unlock key (PUK)” is the unlock code for the SIM card itself.

What was the error message on the screen?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Noah27 wrote:

Hi Again - We tried again using the PIN number we set up - now we are locked out and it is asking for a PUK code.  Can someone help?

@Noah27 

It sounds like you tried to change the default SIM PIN and are now locked out.

You'll have to contact CS to get the PUK code to unlock:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml6dfoOGWCbzEjqGe8...

Ref. Where to find your PUK (publicmobile.ca)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Noah27 wrote:

Hi Again - We tried again using the PIN number we set up - now we are locked out and it is asking for a PUK code.  Can someone help?

@Noah27    Is your phone locked to a previous provider?   You may need to contact them for the unlock code, or of it's Samsung, you can phone their customer support number and get the unlock code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noah27 wrote:

@Noah27 

Where To Find Your PUK

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times. To get your PUK code, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here link..

@Noah27 wrote:

@Noah27  the PIN number setup is for *611 to be used on PM account related issue.

for PUK code.  What exactly was the message?  there are 3 different kind of unlock codes.  But since you said you tried couple times and locked, it sounds like this one:

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” or "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed" is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

If so,  Public Mobile's  CS Agent can give you this type of code, you can either use the direct link to open the ticket:    https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Oyn1L6

or message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Noah27

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Noah27  Please reboot your phone with the PM SIM installed. Then, for accurate assistance, report the exact message displayed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noah27 

if can't fix it you Have To Submit a Ticket To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noah27 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Noah27 wrote:

I just got my son signed up for an account.  It seemed to be going along okay, but after completing all the steps, the phone won't work - I get a notice that reads: "Could not lock SIM."

Can someone please help?  Sandra

"Could not lock SIM"?  that was the exact error?

Try reboot the phone and reseat the SIM as advised by @Triguy .

If still fails, you are also on PM? try to put your SIM in this phone and see

or try to put your son's SIM in another phone and see if you got the same result

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try shutting down the phone then remove the sim and then try reseating it and turn it back on.

Was the phone used with another provider ?

You may have to contact them to unlock the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.