cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with cancellation and refund

poor_connection
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I've just moved into a new area and am finding the coverage to be terrible in my building. I've turned off autopay but would like to cancel my account asap and get a refund. Can you help? 

6 REPLIES 6

Agent=CS_Agent (Customer service agent) formally known as Moderator.

You can only DM an agent as noted by others.

Andrew86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agent ?  how in the world can you speak to an agent ???

Andrew86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd also like to end my subscription because I'm locked out of my account and have spent hours and hours and most of today as well trying to get back in or find a solution, I'm so fed up with Public's inaccessibility that I want to quit...here's the kicker I can't quit because I can't get into my account ...wow they've got it all figured out...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@poor_connection 

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service so normally there are no refunds.

To cancel service, you have 2 options.

- port your number to another carrier.

- disable AutoPay and it will cancel after 90 days.

You can try your luck for a refund but no guarantee by contacting a CS_Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Also check the Telus/Koodo/ PM coverage map in your area:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @poor_connection turning off Autopay is all you need to do

PM would not renew your account after you turned off autopay and your service will be suspended at the end of this current cycle, your account will also be closed 90 days after

Sorry, PM is prepaid carrier and therefore won't issue refund.

Another thing, if you want to keep your phone number, start a new account with another carrier and ask for number porting before the end of current cycle (account have to be active for number to port out)

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Go to Payments

Click on Manage Subscription

Toggle off Subscribed

That should Unsubscribe you but I would still recommend to remove autopay, ask agent to remove your credit card info and report phone lost/stolen.

Yummy_0-1706033862206.png

You will not get refund as PM is pre-paid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.